Are you a frequent traveller? Have more than one home and travel frequently between them? Are you tracking your tax residency status?
The US tax code is over 50,000 pages long. With TaxDay, you’ll be able to easily monitor your travel with GPS against every US state residency tax code. Make filing a breeze with quick reporting and get better prepared for audits with TaxDay.
TaxDay is the perfect tool to help people with multi-state residency and frequent interstate business travelers plan and accurately track taxable days. It runs silently in the background, using your phone’s GPS and a comprehensive database of state-by-state tax rules to securely track travel. Smart notifications and an intuitive reporting interface make it easy to manage records and generate an accurate, complete report in case of audits.
Key features include:
• At-a-glance travel summary: A “just the facts” snapshot of your travel and taxable days in any jurisdiction is at your fingertips.
• Receipt management: Attach receipts to your travel records for thorough record-keeping.
• Threshold notifications and alerts: Never risk losing track of how many days you’ve spent in a particular jurisdiction. TaxDay warns you when you’re close to triggering tax day thresholds and becoming a potential resident.
•Travel record export: Easily generate a detailed report to share with your accountant or anyone else.
• Multi-device tracking if you are lucky and have someone who helps you keep track of your taxable travel!
Getting started is easy!
• All new TaxDay members enjoy a risk-free 90-day trial to start.
• After your trial, you can decide if you’d like to subscribe to TaxDay for $9.99 per month, billed to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• There’s no commitment—cancel anytime.
The fine print:
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal.
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
This release contains:
1. An update to provide even greater travel tracking accuracy to ensure no missed pings.
2. Other minor bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Confusing app; customer support not responding
I hope this app improves but for now it's confusing. Inquiries to customer support bounce and go unanswered, even though I'm a paying subscriber.
Thank you for being a TaxDay customer, and for your feedback. We're really sorry to hear that your experience was less than optimal, and that you had a hard time contacting support. We did have an issue with our support email server that has since been corrected.
We'd love to hear from you again, to get more of your feedback and make things right. Could you please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org?
Love The Simplicity
I love the simplicity. Starting with the quick tutorial when you first install the app.
I also like that while the app allows you to eliminate Excel (and other offline) tracking, you can download an Excel report if/when you need it. I also like the GPS integration.
Simple and easy to use
Easy to use app that helps take the guesswork out of taxes. It uses your phone's GPS location to automatically create travel events to easily refer back to during tax time. I like that you can also attach photos of tickets as proof of travel. iCloud support is also key!
- TaxDay LLC
- 35.3 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Copyright 2016 TaxDay LLC
- In-App Purchases
- United States $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.