Professionally prepared income taxes done for you. Taxfyle assesses your tax position to automatically match you to a credentialed tax professional specializing in your tax position within seconds.
Most people find tax filing time consuming, overly complicated and/or expensive. Taxfyle is here to remedy these problems. The tax app allows you to upload documents via photos and the cloud. From there your tax pro will take care of the rest and in app message you if there are any questions. At the end of the job simply use your finger to sign your tax return and boom you’re done.
With Taxfyle you can also confidently file your taxes knowing that your information is secure. Our in app messaging and data sharing is encrypted at rest and in transit. Also, we will never share your information without your consent.
Taxfyle only works with credentialed tax professionals to file your taxes. These are people like enrolled IRS agents (EA) or licensed certified public accountants (CPA). The average tax pro on Taxfyle has 14 years of experience so you can rest assured that you’re receiving the highest quality tax service.
How about after tax season? After tax season you’ll have access to all your documents year round. Applying for a mortgage? No worries, open up the app and email your tax return directly from the Taxfyle app. No more requesting and paying for previous year tax returns. At Taxfyle we also believe in free tax advice, so if you ever have a question just log in, click the help button and chat away 24/7. We’ll make sure to help you out.
Don’t take our word for it:
“Taxfyle is designed to be dead simple”
- Business Insider
“In just a minute, you can be connected to your own accountant”
“The secure tax filing app for millennials”
- Yahoo Finance
“Built to make your tax filing process easier”
Taxfyle now prepares all business forms: Corporate (C Corp) Form1120, S Corporation (S Corp) Form 1120S, Partnership (LLP or LP or GP) Form 1065, Non-Profit Corporation (Form 990)
We’ve also added some more personal forms: non-resident alien (Form 1040-NR), expatriate or expat or someone living abroad.
Taxfyle is designed with you in mind. If you meet one of the criteria, Taxfyle is here to save you time and headache:
- Own a home
- Independent contractor / freelancer / business owner / Uber driver / Airbnb host / courier
- Own rental property or receive rent income
- Receive a K-1
- Sold stocks or investments
- Received dividends
- Own a foreign bank account or investment
If you own a business, you may want to use Taxfyle if you meet one of the criteria:
- If your business is an LLC, Sole proprietor, Corporation, Partnership, S Corporation, Not-for-profit
- Revenue is between $0 - $20M
- Make a profit or loss
- Maintain inventory
- Sales of business or capital assets
- You have partners or shareholders and you make a distribution or contribution
- You have a foreign parent or investors, or your business is an owner in a foreign company or partnership
- Engaged in rental real estate
- Use accounting software (Quickbooks, Xero, Shoeboxed, Expensify, Mint) to track your books (bookkeeping / record keeping). Or use excel to track income expenses.
- May qualify for tax credits
We're always working to improve the user experience of our app.
To make sure you don't miss a deadline, just keep your Notifications turned on.
Ratings and Reviews
Worth a try
Saw Taxfyle in the news about some sort of funding announcement so I decided to give them a try with my quarterly payments since that’s pretty straightforward. The process was really smooth and I enjoyed being able to communicate from my computer and phone. Definitely going to be giving them a shot for my taxes this year.
I own a business and can't afford an accountant so I downloaded this app in 2016 and have been using it since. They filed my business and personal returns every year for a very reasonable price. I usually get connected with a pro within 90 seconds.
Don’t spend your money here
The CPAs are very unprepared. The first CPA that took my case started by wanting to file the wrong form, a 1040 instead of a 1040NR (I am a non resident alien). When I asked him why he sent my case to another CPA. The second one prepared my taxes completely wrong. At the beginning he told me I owe more than $930! After spending a lot of time reading the IRS instructions online and double checking his work, I found a lot of mistakes on what he prepared. After more than one week my taxes were still not corrected and the second CPA told me he would transfer me again to another CPA. I decided to cancel my case and to prepare everything myself. In a single day I prepared everything and I concluded the correct amount I owe is actually $200, thus if I were to believe what I was told at the beginning I would have to pay $700 more. Conclusion: don’t trust these people that do things in a rush and without carrying, it is better to do things yourself. Taxfyle should better select the people that work for then, otherwise they should not offer this service.
We are sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with your assigned tax Pros. We understand the main point of conflict around your return was in regards to the form you need to file (resident vs non-resident). Per our discussion with some of your professionals, it seems you met the IRS guidelines to qualify as a resident provided the fact that you met the physical presence test (https://www.irs.gov/individuals/international-taxpayers/substantial-presence-test).
Interpreting the IRC can certainly be confusing and often-times frustrating; especially in situations that involve residency status, where, while you are not considered a resident for immigration purposes, for tax purposes, you are. If you’d like to further discuss the specifics of your situation, we’d be happy to do so via the support chat feature on our website at https://www.taxfyle.com.
Sorry we couldn’t come to a better solution.
Best of luck!
- Tickmark Inc
- 118.4 MB
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 Tickmark, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.