Curb - The Taxi App
By VeriFone Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Curb is the #1 taxi app in the US that connects you to over 50,000 taxis with the tap of a button. Easily request and pay for rides in 65 U.S. cities, including New York City, Boston, Philadelphia, Chicago, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Miami, and Washington,DC.
Have questions about Curb or suggestions for how we can improve? Send your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3 Ride Options
- Ride Now: Request a taxi for immediate pickup
- Ride Later: Reserve a taxi for a pickup up to 24 hours in advance
- Pair & Pay: Use the Curb app to pay for rides you hail with your hand (Available in New York City, Boston, Philadelphia, Miami, and Las Vegas)
Benefits for Riders
- Connect with nearby licensed, fully-insured drivers
- Request a regular taxi or wheelchair accessible vehicle (in select markets)
- Pay your taxi fare with a credit card or Paypal in the Curb app, or pay with cash
- Receive an e-receipt at the end of each ride for easy expensing
- Earn free Curb rides by sharing your personal referral code
Have questions or feedback? Visit gocurb.com/support
What's New in Version 5.4.4
We update our app frequently with features and fixes, so please make sure you're always on the latest, most reliable version.
NY and Brooklyn user
I have had no issues with Pair and Pay since I’ve been using it. I love that I don’t have to fumble for cash or signatures while all the impatient drivers behind us leans on their horns.
My biggest gripe is setting up a new pickup. GPS always suggests a pick up at the neighboring building and often fights me as I try to correct it to my location. Then despite the fact that I have driven to the SAME location 6 times a day for the past two weeks, it never remembers. It offers a few random locations that I’ve never been to before and tries to guess addresses in neighboring STATES. I have to type out the entire address with city before it suggests the closest option. Sure, first world problems, but I’ve been rushing out to the hospital after a family emergency and I could do without the added stress.
Lastly, I wish the customer complaint response was faster but that’s more TLC and less Curb. Out of nearly two dozen identical trips, one driver decided to charge an extra $3. Not a big deal but I still haven’t received a follow up.
All over Chicagoland Uber taxi drivers have been slamming the new pay/tip structure for the Uber app. They are talking up Curb. I prefer cabs and I would prefer to use another app other than Uber, but the Curb app won’t allow me to add my credit card. I keep receiving an error message “cannot verify card”. I have tried my debit card, a traditional credit card. I try on different days. I deleted the app and started over. Nothing works and the error message persists. You would think alternative taxi apps would know about drivers and riders qualms with the competition and they would keep their product up to date, bug free and make sure they are offering a superior option to users.
Couldn't even create an account
Downloaded this app and typed in my sign-up info and pressed sign-up, and...nothing happened. A progress circle appeared for one second, but the app stayed on that page, and didn't log me in or create and account. Tried again, twice. Same result. Tried deleting and reinstalling the app, and tried again...same result. Tried signing in with the same info I'd been trying to sign up with. That didn't work either. So I never was even able to try the app.
If this bug appears before I even get signed up, how can I trust them with my credit card info? I'll stick to apps that actually let me sign up. Not that I have any choice!
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Dec 01, 2017
- Version: 5.4.4
- Size: 110 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Armenian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Seller: VeriFone Inc.
- © 2017 Curb
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.