By Take A Yoga Break
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Take A Yoga Break™ is a series of yoga-based exercises that help combat the health dangers of sitting. Studies show that sitting 6+ hours a day can lead to weight gain, increased risk of diabetes, heart disease, and kidney problems, and even take years off your life. Take A Yoga Break™ gives reminders to stand, with easy instructions and clear illustrations for exercises that can be done right at your desk in just a few minutes, no special clothing, equipment, or “Om” required. The must-have app for anyone who sits all day to work!
Take A Yoga Break™ features:
- Over 30 exercises and tips to get you out of your chair and moving gently
- Each move has easy to follow, step-by-step instructions and illustrations, with animation to show you the full move
- Use the TAYB Timer to schedule yoga breaks when you want them
- Customize your favorites or randomize a variety of poses
- Includes exercises to relieve eye and neck strain from working at the computer, a breathing exercise to help reduce stress, and more!
Featured by Fast Company as one of their Innovation Agents: “Study upon study proves that sitting for long stretches can increase your risk of cancer, heart disease, diabetes… [Take A Yoga Break is] an app that will remind users to push away from their desks and perform the poses right there, no stretchy pants or mat required.”
Take A Yoga Break was created by Suzan Colón, a writer who has been sitting at desks in busy offices for years. Suzan became a certified Hatha yoga instructor in 2002 and has certificates of completion in therapeutic yoga and yoga for arthritis.
What's New in Version 1.0.2
Minor UI updates that will make things a whole lot better. Thanks for your patience. We hope you're reading this standing up. If not, please stand up for your health for just a few minutes, and do some of these exercises that are good for your body. Thank you!