By Sonoma Wire Works
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Taylor EQ is an input EQ for enhancing the sound of a Taylor guitar or any guitar. Select from a range of EQ presets that complement Taylor's signature guitar body shapes, including the Grand Auditorium, Grand Symphony, Grand Concert, Dreadnought, T5, or the GS Mini. Each EQ preset was custom designed by Taylor Guitars' engineers to optimize the tone of each body shape.
While it will work with most iOS guitar adapters and any guitar, Taylor EQ is optimized for use with Taylor Guitars equipped with the Expression System and GuitarJack iOS input for the highest quality sound. Adjust GuitarJack's 1/4 inch and 1/8 inch input levels while in Taylor EQ to perfect the sound of your guitar.
Create a custom tone for any guitar by using the six-band parametric equalizer in Advanced EQ mode, and play along to your favorite songs by launching Taylor EQ while the iTunes app is playing.
Sonoma's FourTrack multitrack recorder app also includes the Taylor EQ to enhance recordings of your guitar.
GuitarJack connects a wide range of instruments, microphones, and other audio hardware to the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch via 1/4-inch instrument and 1/8-inch stereo mic/line inputs. GuitarJack's 1/8-inch stereo line/headphone output offers increased drive for headphones. When used with apps like FourTrack, GuitarJack offers stereo recording and simultaneous instrument and voice recording, crosstalk free multitrack recording, level control, input monitoring, and the highest quality sound.
Offered at the suggested street price of $149, GuitarJack is available for purchase at Taylor Guitars, Sonoma Wire Works, and select dealers worldwide.
Taylor EQ App Features:
- Six Taylor Guitar EQ Presets: Select from a range of EQ presets that complement Taylor's signature guitar body shapes, including the Grand Auditorium, Grand Symphony, Grand Concert, Dreadnought, T5, or the GS Mini.
- Advanced Mode: Use the 6 band Parametric EQ with frequency, gain and pinch-for-Q gesture control to create a custom tone for your Taylor Guitar or any guitar. Then save the settings for later use. Toggle between basic and advanced to hear the difference.
- iPod Playthrough: Play along with your iTunes songs on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch while in the Taylor EQ app.
- Compressor/Limiter: A factory configured compressor-limiter sweetens the sound and keeps the output from clipping, or turn it off to hear the unprocessed output.
- Monitor Level: Balance the level when playing along with iPod songs. Turn it up to push the compressor harder.
- GuitarJack Control Panel: GuitarJack connects instruments, stereo line inputs and mics to the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch via 1/4 inch instrument and 1/8 inch stereo mic/line inputs. GuitarJack features a 1/4 inch instrument with configurable pad, Lo-Z and Hi-Z modes, a 1/8 inch stereo mic/line input that includes pad, normal and boost modes, and a 1/8 inch stereo output with increased drive for headphones. Each input has 60dB of continuous gain/level control. Configure GuitarJack's levels in Taylor EQ for the best possible sound, and what you'll hear through the improved headphone jack sounds better than through the iOS device headphone jack. Levels set using Taylor EQ's GuitarJack Control Panel remain set when you switch to compatible audio apps, like GarageBand, even if they do not include the GuitarJack Control Panel.
- iPhone 3GS, iPod touch (3rd generation), or iPad
- iOS 4.3 or later
What's New in Version 1.1
• Free High Visibility Tuner: Fast, accurate tuning
• The GuitarJack Control Panel in Taylor EQ is now compatible with both GuitarJack Model 1 and Model 2 - Adjust input settings of Sonoma's GuitarJack high quality interface that connects a wide range of instruments, microphones, and other audio hardware to the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch via 1/4-inch instrument and 1/8-inch stereo mic/line inputs. GuitarJack's 1/8-inch stereo line/headphone output offers increased drive for headphones. GuitarJack features Lo-Z and Hi-Z modes, 60 dB of continuous level control, a 12 dB pad for 72 dB of adjustment and an AD/DA converter for the highest quality sound. Levels set using Taylor EQ's GuitarJack Control Panel remain set when you switch to compatible audio apps, like GarageBand, even if they do not include the GuitarJack Control Panel. Taylor EQ is also included in Sonoma's FourTrack recording app, which, when used with GuitarJack, will allow you to record in stereo and use both inputs simultaneously to record onto two tracks at once.
Works... Sort of...
Good: I love the simplicity of this app for using the "advanced" eq. That part was very intuitive, sounds great, and overall it seems to work with my Alesis IODock ok.
BAD: the tuner quits working! Almost every time I've tried to use this in a live gig setting, the tuner still mutes but quits responding. There's often other issues, like a staticky sound or a crash, so it's been impossible to rely on it for a live gig situation. Not a pro app! Has to be ROCK SOLID reliable to work in a live stage setting.
Playing along with iPod songs sounds better than ever!
Impossible to get a note to stop flickering. It's like the software is on uppers
- Category: Music
- Updated: Mar 21, 2012
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 5.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Sonoma Wire Works
- © 2010
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.