Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Knowmia Teach is a free lesson planning and recording tool for teachers and their students. It helps you create short video lessons on any subject and publish them on Knowmia.com so students, other teachers and the public can find them. Knowmia Teach makes it easy to bring in visual aids from multiple sources, organize them in steps (like slides in a presentation) and use your own voice, face and fingers to bring your lesson to life. You can design each step in the lesson, record illustrations as you draw them, and create sophisticated animation sequences with a simple stroke of a finger. We also give you the ability to describe your lesson in a way that makes it simple for anyone who is interested in the subject to find your video.
Knowmia Teach also has a Professional version called Teach Pro which enables additional features including the ability to record your interaction with websites and publish your lessons outside of Knowmia.com (YouTube and your iPad’s “Camera Roll”). For more info search for “Teach Pro” in the App store or go to: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/teach-pro/id829034270.
Main features of Knowmia Teach include:
• Build your lesson out of smaller steps (like slides) so it's easy to manage and organize your lesson
• Create each step of your lesson on a separate whiteboard so you can seamlessly introduce new concepts
• Record everything that you do on the whiteboard as well as your voice and video to create the lesson step-by-step
• Use the shape tool to quickly draw common shapes
• Type text with any font/size directly on the whiteboard
• Import images, graphics or video clips from the iPad's media library and built-in camera - or paste in any image of your own
• Draw freely with multiple pen widths, highlighter and eraser modes
• Use the pointer tool to attract attention to anything on the whiteboard while recording it
• Publish the complete lesson to Knowmia.com with a touch of a button (limited to educational content up to 15 minutes per lesson)
• Secure lesson creation and publishing for students
Note that Knowmia Teach is a free tool for teachers who choose to participate in the Knowmia community. Students can also create lessons (video projects) though their videos are not public and they expire after 30 days. You cannot export video lessons to other platforms or websites. For that you need to purchase the Pro version.
What's New in Version 2.0
• New flat design for iOS 7
• Full support of Retina displays
• HD lesson thumbnails
• Support of HD backgrounds
• HD text on the whiteboard
• Support of both front and back cameras in Face Recording
• Added eraser tool for pen drawings
• Ability to exchange lesson between free and Pro versions ("Open In…")
• Ability to use Airplay while recording a lesson (projecting the iPad screen to an Apple TV device)
• Information about Pro version
• Increased reliability of export operations
• Progress indication while importing and exporting files from cloud storage services
• Updated introductory lesson
• Improved stability and many bug fixes
Great app for students
This is a great app for student created videos. Since each slide is recorded separately, if the students make a mistake they can simply go back and we record just that one slide. Also students can import photos and annotate directly on the photo. It's very easy to use and to share. The only feature I feel is missing is the ability to save to camera roll which is available on the pro version. Which I cannot afford for all of my students
I recorded everything for 10 minutes, the video uploaded and only played for 1 second. Just when I had a project, you deserve 1 star.