Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Knowmia Teach is a new free lesson planning and recording tool for teachers and their students. It helps you create short video lessons on any subject and publish them on Knowmia.com so students, other teachers and the public can find them. Knowmia Teach makes it easy to bring in visual aids from multiple sources, organize them in steps (like slides in a presentation) and use your own voice and fingers to bring your lesson to life. You can design each step in the lesson, record illustrations as you draw them, and create sophisticated animation sequences with a simple stroke of a finger. We also give you the ability to describe your lesson in a way that makes it simple for anyone who is interested in the subject to find your video.
Main features include:
• Build your lesson out of smaller steps (like slides) so it's easy to manage and organize your lesson
• Create each step of your lesson on a separate whiteboard so you can seamlessly introduce new concepts
• Record everything that you do on the whiteboard as well as your voice and video to create the lesson step-by-step
• Use the shape tool to quickly draw common shapes
• Type text with any font/size directly on the whiteboard
• Import images, graphics or video clips from the iPad's media library and built-in camera - or paste in any image of your own
• Draw freely with multiple pen widths and a highlighter mode
• Use the pointer tool to attract attention to anything on the whiteboard while recording it
• Publish the complete lesson to Knowmia.com with a touch of a button
• Secure lesson creation and publishing for students
See screenshots below for full list of features and capabilities.
Note that Knowmia Teach is a free tool for teachers who choose to participate in the Knowmia community. Students can also create lessons (video projects) though their videos are not public and they expire after 30 days. You cannot export video lessons to other platforms or websites.
What's New in Version 1.9.3
• Support recording with no sound.
• Minor bug fixes
• Users can select Language and Target Audience in the lesson info screen.
• Users can select multiple top-level subjects in the lesson info screen.
• Bug fixes
• Supports iOS 6.0 and upwards
• Fixes movie rendering issue on iOS 7
• Fixes some text placement issues
• Other bug fixes
This app has great potential but unfortunately is not too practical. I want something that I can easily work with and get videos up for my students. However, the app crashes for no apparent reason. Then the loading process to get back to your video takes patience. Then once you have your video ready to go, you have to toy with exporting it... Which I have never done successfully, because I am always getting a message that says export error. Please provide an update for this app, because I would love to use it for my classroom!
Great app, too many crashes
I am loving putting together my videos for class, but the lag in the drawing and the fact that it crashes every 2 minutes is killing me.