By Socrative, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Engage, assess and personalize your class with Socrative! Educators can initiate formative assessments through quizzes, quick question polls, exit tickets and space races all with their Socrative Student app. Socrative will instantly grade, aggregate and provide visuals of results to help you identify opportunities for further instruction. Save time and visualize student understanding when it matters, now! To get started using Socrative, simply register for a Socrative Teacher account. Your Socrative account will work with other Socrative Apps and via all browsers at Socrative.com. Students can connect to your unique room by opening their apps or joining your room at socrative.com on any device.
• Visualize student understanding
• Ask multiple choice and true/false questions
• Ask open-ended questions and vote on the results
• Create your own quizzes (instantly graded for you)
• Share quizzes with other teachers
• Give end of class exit tickets
• Play games with our space race!
• View students results in real time
• Reporting - Download, Email or send to Drive
Supported Browsers and Devices
Socrative works on every browser: including Firefox, Chrome, Safari and Internet Explorer. Use any web-enabled device: including Smartphones, Tablets, Laptops and Desktops
What's New in Version 2.2.1
• Access the Socrative Help Center from your Settings tab
• Hide/Show student answers in the Live Results view
• Improved responsive design for small screens
Create Quiz Enhancements
• Duplicate a Question
• Save and Edit one question at a time
• Create/Edit question mode and Saved question mode have new designs
• Thumbs up notification on quiz saving when leaving create/edit mode
• Improved stability of question formatting toolbar
• Ability to turn on/off question formatting
• Tab between content fields within a question
• Reduced height of default text fields
• Verification pop up after selecting Delete question
• Add Image functionality moved to top of question field
Dispatch or Warm-ups
I teach math at a high school amd absolutely LOVE this app. My students use it for their warmups, and the space race feature is great for review.
Last year our department used it for a midterm on the desktop computers, i wouldnt recommend something like that on the app because when i used to randomize the answer order, i got many complaints from students that the item they selected changed after they pressed submit, result in incorrect scores.
Other than that, i wish it had a better way to organize the quizzes. Right now they all appear in a list, and i have sooooooo many.
Multitasking on iPad
I have used Socrative in my classes for over a year now and I think it is an excellent app. I am concerned with the current update of the iPad to allow for multitasking. Now, when the students are taking a quiz, they are able to easily slide open the right side of their screen and access their notes or the internet. This is a serious security issue that I hope Socrative will address. I attempted to contact HELP but I was unable to connect with it. The site seems to be down.
Could be better.
I teach third grade and I love the idea of the app infusing technology into the classroom. I have tried to use it a few times, but there is no way to record your voice reading the question if you create a quiz and need to differentiate with some of the lower readers in class. If they would provide this option to register a class so only certain students could access the audio, Socrative would be the next best thing since sliced bread.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Aug 26, 2015
- Version: 2.2.1
- Size: 0.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Socrative, Inc.
- © 2011, Socrative, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.