***** WINNER for Best Elementary Student App!!! - http://bestappever.com/awards/2012/winner/eled
***** Readers' Choice Top 10 at SmartAppsForKids.com!!!
TeachMe: 1st Grade is the third installment in the popular TeachMe series of educational apps for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. TeachMe: 1st Grade teaches four age-appropriate subjects to first grade children: sight words, addition, subtraction and spelling. TeachMe: 1st Grade's unique TeachTech character recognition engine interprets a child's written answers, helping to reinforce writing skills while teaching math and spelling.
TeachMe: 1st Grade keeps children engaged with a unique reward system where children earn coins by playing learning games at the school. They can move around the rest of TeachTown to spend their coins on fun rewards. Children can collect stretchable shapes at the Shape Store, visit their virtual aquarium at the Fish Store, and decorate different scenes at the art store. The simple and intuitive user interface is designed to be child friendly, which allows children to play without help from an adult. An animated teacher (Mimi Mouse) gives verbal instructions and feedback to encourage the child to learn and succeed! In addition, the learning screens are colorful, fun and rotate between four different subjects so children don't get bored.
TeachMe: 1st Grade is the only iPhone app which reads your child's writing using TeachTech, 24x7digital's writing recognition engine. Children write their answers for math and spelling questions and TeachMe: 1st Grade reads them using TeachTech. If your child needs help, TeachMe: 1st grade will show them how to write the correct answer including the proper stroke order. TeachMe also includes a virtual keyboard input option.
Each child has an achievements screen which motivates and encourages learning by showing progress and levels for each topic. Parents can use this screen to quickly see progress of their child. Parents can select which subjects they want, set different difficulty levels, and even choose specific questions. Parents can also review performance history for each subject to check how their child is doing.
• TeachTech writing recognition, or virtual keyboard input
• Achievement screen show progress and levels for each topic
• Explore TeachTown to spend coins on fun rewards
• Collectable stretchable shapes reward found at the Shape Store
• Virtual Aquarium reward (7 types of fish and 50+ items)
• 7 different sticker reward scenes: space, playground, beach, underwater reef, pirate cove, city, farm
• Over 170 different stickers for adding to scenes
• Classroom friendly personalized learning for 40 students
• Select which subjects are displayed for each child
• Turn on/off specific questions within a subject
• Change the number of correct questions to earn a reward
• Change the number of questions in a row to mark a question learned
• Tracks performance for each subject item (last five)
• Export sticker rewards scenes to Photos, for emailing or using as wallpaper
• Sight Words: Dolch First Grade
• Addition: up to a total of 20 with additional advanced questions
• Subtraction: from 20 down with additional advanced questions
• Math questions are shown both horizontally and vertically
• Spelling: 170+ 1st grade level words
Email us at support@24x7digital for help & suggestions as we cannot respond to reviews.
Try the other apps in the TeachMe series: TeachMe: Toddler, TeachMe: Kindergarten, TeachMe: 2nd Grade, TeachMe: 3rd Grade and TeachMe: Math Facts.
• Improve app launch time.
• Various bug fixes and enhancements
Ratings and Reviews
My little sister really loves the British Voice on the preschool one if it was possible to get that on the other ones that would just make her day great app otherwise ❤️👌🏻
Horrible app, not worth the money
I want a refund. This app doesn’t give you the ability to choose a subject or a game. It’s lazy. Waste of 2$ and frustrated my 6 year old within minutes of playing. I wanted to find a game that would help him practice subtracting. This is not it
You can turn off specific learning topics in settings. From the home screen tap on Settings. Then tap on a player and scroll down to TEACHME TOPICS. Use the switches to turn off the subjects you want to disable.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more help. Thanks.
Awesome App! Autism Prove Educational Knowledge
My son who is 8 years old, and has Autism. He is verbal however tests poorly and due to school issues we are unable to access special education services, however this app is wonderful in that it allows you to really "see" what your child knows and is learning. I love that it records a snapshot of my sons writing, and is helping him to learn that we write for others to read. He is more willing to try to make each letter correctly. He likes the friendly mouse who gives instant praise for correct answers and encouragement to try again when it can not read an answer. Love the being able to trace the correct spelling words. Would like to be able to turn off that feature so that he cant give up easily. I have shared this app with our tutor, occupational therapist, speech and lanuguage therapist, and soon the classroom teacher. I have recommended it to other families wtih children with a Autism Spectrium Disorder. Thanks for a great app. Looking forward to then next one!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.