TeachMe: 2nd Grade
By 24x7digital LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
***** 2nd Place for Best Elementary Student App!!!
EXCLUSIVE: Uses TeachTech to read child's written math and spelling answers.
TeachMe: 2nd Grade is the fourth installment in the popular TeachMe series of educational apps for the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. TeachMe: 2nd Grade teaches six age-appropriate subjects to second grade children: spelling, sight words, long addition, long subtraction, fast addition and fast subtraction. TeachMe: 2nd Grade's unique TeachTech character recognition engine interprets a child's written answers, helping to reinforce writing skills while teaching math and spelling.
TeachMe: 2nd Grade keeps children engaged with a unique reward system where children earn coins by playing learning games at the school. They can move around the rest of TeachTown to spend their coins on fun rewards. Children can make fun photos at the Photobooth, collect stretchable shapes at the Shape Store, visit their virtual aquarium at the Fish Store, and decorate different scenes at the Art Store. The simple and intuitive user interface is designed to be child friendly, which allows children to play without help from an adult. An animated teacher (Mimi Mouse) gives verbal instructions and feedback to encourage the child to learn and succeed! In addition, the learning screens are colorful, fun and rotate between six different subjects so children don't get bored.
TeachMe: 2nd Grade is the only educational app which reads your child's writing using TeachTech, 24x7digital's writing recognition engine. Children write their answers for math and spelling questions and TeachMe: 2nd Grade reads them using TeachTech. If your child needs help, TeachMe: 2nd grade will show them how to write the correct answer including the proper stroke order.
Each child has an achievements screen which motivates and encourages learning by showing progress and levels for each topic. Parents can use this screen to quickly see progress of their child. Parents can select which subjects they want, set different difficulty levels, and even choose specific questions. Parents can also review performance history for each subject to check how their child is doing.
• TeachTech writing recognition
• Achievement screen shows progress and levels for each topic
• Explore TeachTown to spend coins on fun rewards
• Turn ordinary pictures into fun photos at the Photobooth
• Collectable stretchable shapes reward found at the Shape Store
• Tend to a Virtual Aquarium with 10 types of fish and 50+ items
• 8 different sticker reward scenes: sky, space, playground, beach, underwater reef, pirate cove, city, farm
• Over 175+ different stickers for adding to scenes
• Classroom friendly personalized learning for 40 students
• Select which subjects are displayed for each child
• Turn on/off specific questions within a subject
• Change the number of correct questions to earn a reward
• Change the number of questions in a row to mark a question learned
• Tracks performance for each subject item (last five)
• Export Sticker Scenes, Photobooth images, and Aquarium snapshots to Photos app, for emailing or using as wallpaper
• Sight Words: Dolch Second Grade
• Spelling: 100+ 2nd grade level words
• Fast Addition: practice single digit math facts in preparation for long addition
• Fast Subtraction: practice one's column math facts in preparation for long subtraction
• Long Addition: 2 and 3 digit addition including regrouping (carrying)
• Long Subtraction: 2 and 3 digit subtraction including regrouping (borrowing)
Email us at support@24x7digital for help & suggestions as we cannot respond to reviews.
Try the other apps in the TeachMe series: TeachMe: 3rd Grade, TeachMe: 1st Grade, TeachMe: Kindergarten and TeachMe: Toddler. Also try out SightWords Pro, Smiley Sight Words™, and TimesTables (Multiplication Tables and Drills).
What's New in Version 2.0.1
• Added More screen.
• Added contact support to help screen.
• Various bug fixes and enhancements.
Best educational app we own
I had to beg my kids to stop using these apps today. They're the perfect combination of math and reading with "prizes" they can purchase in the store using coins they earn for correct answers. My first grader is doing the second grade level and my preschooler is doing kindergarten. We got them the iPad pens so they could practice penmanship as well. I HIGHLY recommend them for 4-8 year olds!
Our children thrive with these apps, the only thing missing is progress reports that get emailed, much like the splash math apps!
I have all of the teach me apps and they're worth it, I have a few suggestions for the developer though! I would like to see sentences for spelling words! More often than not it will say spell the word "no" and my kids spell it and get it wrong because they were suppose to spell "know" however there isn't any kind of image or sentence to direct them or even me! There is a list of words that do this, also the writing software is good but it's very hard to write the lower case "f" I find myself having to just tell my kids to use a Capitol F because it's even hard for me to show theme them because it works sometimes and doesn't other! A larger vocabulary for speeding and sight words would be great also! The last thing would be the games, they are great biggest hit is the fish tank, yet they can't put things where they want and are only allowed 2 plants and 1 center piece if there was a way to do multiples and in any place this would be nice! Perhaps when they buy it, it could stay bought also? If they buy it than buy something else it goes into the lower bar than if something else is bought its gone! And the fish you can buy kindergarten has only a few not even the puffer fish which is a great hit! Could it be possible to have all them in all levels?
Overall this app is awesome it includes math spelling and reading words! It's well made and worth the money multiply accounts makes it great for class or personal and for the price it's not bad! Tracking is awesome, just the info inside could be better, more words and more activity freedom would help a lot!
- Category: Education
- Updated: Dec 12, 2013
- Version: 2.0.1
- Size: 123 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: 24x7digital LLC
- © 2012-2013 24x7digital LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.