TeachMe: 2nd Grade
By 24x7digital LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
***** 2nd Place for Best Elementary Student App!!!
EXCLUSIVE: Uses TeachTech to read child's written math and spelling answers.
TeachMe: 2nd Grade is the fourth installment in the popular TeachMe series of educational apps for the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. TeachMe: 2nd Grade teaches six age-appropriate subjects to second grade children: spelling, sight words, long addition, long subtraction, fast addition and fast subtraction. TeachMe: 2nd Grade's unique TeachTech character recognition engine interprets a child's written answers, helping to reinforce writing skills while teaching math and spelling.
TeachMe: 2nd Grade keeps children engaged with a unique reward system where children earn coins by playing learning games at the school. They can move around the rest of TeachTown to spend their coins on fun rewards. Children can make fun photos at the Photobooth, collect stretchable shapes at the Shape Store, visit their virtual aquarium at the Fish Store, and decorate different scenes at the Art Store. The simple and intuitive user interface is designed to be child friendly, which allows children to play without help from an adult. An animated teacher (Mimi Mouse) gives verbal instructions and feedback to encourage the child to learn and succeed! In addition, the learning screens are colorful, fun and rotate between six different subjects so children don't get bored.
TeachMe: 2nd Grade is the only educational app which reads your child's writing using TeachTech, 24x7digital's writing recognition engine. Children write their answers for math and spelling questions and TeachMe: 2nd Grade reads them using TeachTech. If your child needs help, TeachMe: 2nd grade will show them how to write the correct answer including the proper stroke order.
Each child has an achievements screen which motivates and encourages learning by showing progress and levels for each topic. Parents can use this screen to quickly see progress of their child. Parents can select which subjects they want, set different difficulty levels, and even choose specific questions. Parents can also review performance history for each subject to check how their child is doing.
• TeachTech writing recognition
• Achievement screen shows progress and levels for each topic
• Explore TeachTown to spend coins on fun rewards
• Turn ordinary pictures into fun photos at the Photobooth
• Collectable stretchable shapes reward found at the Shape Store
• Tend to a Virtual Aquarium with 10 types of fish and 50+ items
• 8 different sticker reward scenes: sky, space, playground, beach, underwater reef, pirate cove, city, farm
• Over 175+ different stickers for adding to scenes
• Classroom friendly personalized learning for 40 students
• Select which subjects are displayed for each child
• Turn on/off specific questions within a subject
• Change the number of correct questions to earn a reward
• Change the number of questions in a row to mark a question learned
• Tracks performance for each subject item (last five)
• Export Sticker Scenes, Photobooth images, and Aquarium snapshots to Photos app, for emailing or using as wallpaper
• Sight Words: Dolch Second Grade
• Spelling: 100+ 2nd grade level words
• Fast Addition: practice single digit math facts in preparation for long addition
• Fast Subtraction: practice one's column math facts in preparation for long subtraction
• Long Addition: 2 and 3 digit addition including regrouping (carrying)
• Long Subtraction: 2 and 3 digit subtraction including regrouping (borrowing)
Email us at support@24x7digital for help & suggestions as we cannot respond to reviews.
Try the other apps in the TeachMe series: TeachMe: 3rd Grade, TeachMe: 1st Grade, TeachMe: Kindergarten and TeachMe: Toddler. Also try out SightWords Pro, Smiley Sight Words™, and TimesTables (Multiplication Tables and Drills).
What's New in Version 2.0.3
• Fix problem entering Fish Store on some devices
• Various bug fixes and enhancements.
To bad don't make teach me fourth and my little pony version
It is really to bad they don't make teach me fourth and up! My kids love it but they don't make teach me fourth so my fourth grader has to do teach me third which is to easy for her. Also my children think it would be really cool if they made a my little pony.
I am 8 1/2 years old. Best money spent for a learning app. But you have to have really good penmanship. It is a very fun way to learn. It has a school and an art shop and other stores. You get points for correct answers. Points allow you to get coins that allow you to shop in the stores. You learn reading, math, and spelling:)
Teach me 2nd grade
We have teach me kindergarten and 1st grade also. My daughter likes the apps. I have only one complaint. It used to give you choices instead of asking you to write the answers, she is a special needs child, that cannot write.
Now she can't use the apps. It would be wonderful if there was an option to enable a feature like multiple choice, for kids that need to learn, but can not write.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Oct 30, 2014
- Version: 2.0.3
- Size: 123 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: 24x7digital LLC
- © 2012-2014 24x7digital LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.