TeachMe: Math Facts
By 24x7digital LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
TeachMe: Math Facts is designed to help grade school students memorize math facts in addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. Being able to recall simple math facts quickly is essential when doing more complex math. TeachMe: Math Facts is the sixth installment in the popular TeachMe series of educational apps for the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.
TeachMe: Math Facts helps teach math facts by giving quizzes by fact group (for example multiplication by 5’s). If a student earns a gold trophy in a fact group quiz, they graduate to the next fact group. If a student does not get a gold trophy on a quiz, the app will give extra practice on incorrectly answered questions, as well as on questions that they took a long time to answer. This extra practice is done by reviewing single questions and also timed questions 3 at a time. Once the student has reviewed problematic questions, they are given the chance to retake the quiz in that fact group.
TeachMe: Math Facts keeps children engaged with a unique reward system in which children earn coins by playing learning games at the school. They can move around the rest of TeachTown to spend their coins on fun rewards. Children can build their dream home in the TeachTown Neighborhood, make creative photos at the Photobooth, collect stretchable shapes at the Shape Store, visit their virtual aquarium at the Fish Store, and decorate different scenes at the Art Store. The simple and intuitive user interface is child friendly, allowing children to play without help from an adult. Mimi Mouse, the animated teacher, gives verbal instructions and feedback in a positive way to encourage the student to learn and succeed!
Quiz content, options and rewards can all be customized for each student. Parents choose the topic to start with, the range of fact groups in that topic, and the order of the operands. Parents can also change the quiz options: the number of questions, the time limit (if desired), the input mode (keyboard or writing) and more. Parents can also set the reward criteria for how a student earns each trophy and how many coins they can earn.
Each child has an achievements screen which motivates and encourages learning by showing progress and trophies for each fact group. Parents can use this screen to quickly see progress of their child.
• Achievement screen shows progress in each fact group
• Earn trophies and coins for quizzes in each fact group
• Dynamic practice where needed before re-quizzing
• Quiz content, duration and rewards can be customized
• Grading for quizzes can be customized
• Choose between Keyboard input or TeachTech writing recognition
• Explore TeachTown to spend coins on fun rewards
• Design a dream house with the House Builder reward
• Turn ordinary photos into zany pictures at the Photobooth
• Collect stretchable shape rewards at the Shape Store
• Tend to a Virtual Aquarium with 10 types of fish and 45+ items
• 8 different sticker reward scenes: sky, space, playground, beach, underwater reef, pirate cove, city, farm
• Over 175 different stickers for adding to scenes
• Manual quiz mode
• Classroom friendly personalized learning for up to 40 students
• Tracks performance for questions (last three answers)
• Export Sticker Scenes, Photobooth images, and Aquarium snapshots to Photos app, for emailing or to use as wallpaper
• Addition +0 through +12
• Subtraction -0 through -12
• Multiplication x0 through x12
• Division ÷1 through ÷12
Please email us at support@24x7digital for help and suggestions as we cannot respond directly to reviews.
Try the other apps in the TeachMe series: TeachMe: 3rd Grade, TeachMe: 2nd Grade, TeachMe: 1st Grade, TeachMe: Kindergarten and TeachMe: Toddler.
This is exactly what my son needed to study for fast math in school. He has to take timed tests for addition, subtraction, division and multiplication, and this app is perfect! Loads of customization options, and the rewards keeps him motivated to keep learning. But the best thing is, he doesn't have to use keys to enter his answers -- that's not the way he does it in class. This app allows writing answers with a fingertip or stylus, just as during his real tests. Love it!
Another great App!!!
I am very pleased to discover that TeachMe came out with a new App concentrating on Math. I can tell the designers put a lot of thought into the app to help parents monitor their children's learning progress.
It Is always great to see a developer care so much about children's education. Thank you!
My 3rd grader's favorite math app of several we've tried. Two complaints: 1) wish you could specify more than 20 questions for a digit group to match the testing his school does (50 in 2.5 min) and 2) you spelled incorrrect incorrectly on results for manual mode. Fix those and I'd rate 5 stars.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Released: Mar 27, 2014
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 188 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: 24x7digital LLC
- © 2014 24x7digital LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.