By 24x7digital LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"***** An absolute must-buy. An amazing app for the price."
"The combination of great learning activities, fun rewards, and performance tracking make this app a great choice for any parent looking to add another kid-friendly app to their phone."
-theikidsblog.com (Editor's Choice)
TeachMe: Toddler is an educational iPhone/iPad/iPod touch app which teaches six different preschool appropriate subjects: letters, abc phonics (letter sounds), numbers, shapes, colors and counting. Parents can choose which topics they want their child to learn and even choose specific questions. Parents can review performance history for each subject to check on how their child is doing.
TeachMe: Toddler keeps children engaged by giving rewards for correct answers. Correct answers will earn stickers which can be placed in any of six different backgrounds to create fun sticker scenes. Sticker scenes can be exported as wallpaper or emailed to family and friends. An alternate reward system can be used where coins are earned instead of stickers. This allows parents to create their own external reward system (5 coins = a treat, 10 coins = a book, etc.).
The simple and intuitive user interface is designed to be toddler friendly, which allows children to play without help from an adult. An animated teacher (Mimi Mouse) gives verbal instructions and feedback to the child which makes learning fun.
• Teacher Mimi speaks in American-English or British-English.
• Achievement screen encourages and motivates learning by showing progress for each topic.
• 6 different sticker reward scenes: beach, underwater reef, pirate cove, city, farm and playground
• Over 150 different stickers for adding to a scene
• Coins allow parents to create their own reward system
• Track learning information for up to 40 students
• Select which subjects are displayed for each child
• Turn on/off specific questions within a subject
• Change the number of correct questions to earn a reward
• Change the number of questions in a row to mark a question learned
• Tracks performance for each subject item (last five)
• Export sticker scene to Photos, for emailing or using as wallpaper
• Letters: A-Z a-z (uppercase and lowercase)
• ABC Phonics: A-Z a-z (uppercase and lowercase)
• Numbers: 1-20
• Shapes: circle, square, triangle, rectangle, oval, star, diamond, octagon, trapezoid
• Colors: black, white, red, green, blue, yellow, orange, purple, brown, pink, gray
• Counting: 1-10
Email us at support@24x7digital for help & suggestions as we cannot respond to reviews.
Be sure to try the other apps in the TeachMe series: TeachMe: Kindergarten, TeachMe: 1st Grade, TeachMe: 2nd Grade, and TeachMe: 3rd Grade!
What's New in Version 3.0.3
• Fixed an issue with adding profile photo in iOS 8 on iPad.
Excellent Tool for DTT Speech Therapy!
The Teach Me apps work perfectly for Discrete Trial Training (DTT). The settings allow therapists to disable all but the target response. For example if teaching uppercase letter "A" you can disable lowercase and all other uppercase letters. The app then randomly generates 3 unknown letters and the child learns to discriminate letter "A" in a field of 4.
TO THE DEVELOPERS: I work primarily with children on the autism spectrum. PLEASE make more of these apps!! May I suggest household items (ex:"Find the chair" or "Find the fork"). Also pets/ farm animals would be appreciated. If you upgraded to uncluttered photos displaying the object against a single colored background and have a SLP from "Smart Apps for Special Needs" review, you could charge $5.99 US. It would be well worth it to therapists!
Exactly what I was looking for
What child doesn't like tablets or smartphones these days?! I have a 2 year old and a 5 year old who both enjoy playing on my electronics, so I love having educational apps at my fingertips.
What stands out with this app is the progress report on each child's profile and the ability to turn letters, numbers, shapes on/off based on development!
A feature I would love to see is a more detailed progress report based on a time range. It would be very beneficial to select a day to see progress of "learned" on day 1 vs "learned" on day 30.
I love these apps! I used the kindergarten one when my daughter was little and now I'm using this app for my son in preschool. Back in November he only knew half his shapes and didn't know any written numbers. Now he knows them up to ten and some even to 20! We do it every night when sissy does her homework. It's helped a lot!! They love the rewards. I just wish he could earn coins like the apps for older kids to buy things, not just stickers.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Oct 23, 2014
- Version: 3.0.3
- Size: 31.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: 24x7digital LLC
- © 2009-2014 24x7digital LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.