Tec-Tec is a game-like version of a powerful psychological technique called evaluative conditioning. By continually pairing certain words and images, this technique can change associations with certain objects and concepts. In other words, over time it can change how you feel about certain things, which in turn may change your behavior. This version of Tec-Tec seeks to change associations with certain factors that may increase risk for nonsuicidal self-injury (e.g., self-cutting) and suicidal behaviors. Recent randomized controlled trials published in the Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology found that this method reduced self-injurious behaviors.
• At its heart, Tec-Tec is a fast-paced matching game that takes 1-2 minutes to play
• The matches change each game, making each game a unique experience
• The game gets more challenging as it goes on
• Points are awarded for faster and more accurate performance
• The app keeps track of the total points you’ve earned, best-ever score, and other stats
• Earn a range of achievement badges for playing often and performing well
Fixed typo in the terms screen for the email address contact info.
Fixed an issue that would cause the game screen images to not be centered during the 4 image phase after exiting the game early during the 8 image phase.
Ratings and Reviews
- tec-tec, LLC
- 20.7 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Frequent/Intense Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © tec-tec, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.