Todd Moore and Oscar Santana talk about technology news, reviews, and apps you need to own. One of the highest rated technology podcast on iTunes has gone mobile. Download all of their shows and stream without a connection, automatically manage your downloads, and more!
- Download or stream any Tech 411 Show episode
- Push notifications let you know when new shows get posted
- Precision progress bar displays exactly what has been listened
- Time-coded bookmarks lets you quickly access your favorite moments for replay
- Sleep timer lets you listen at night and slowly fades audio out
- Create a playlist of all your favorite episodes for continuous playback
- Media controls that works with bluetooth, headphone controls, and notification panel
- Optimized for the latest iPhone and iPad devices including iPhone X and iPad Pro
- Advanced settings to configure automatic downloads, playback rate, custom skip forward and backward amounts, and so much more!
Tech 411 Website - https://tech411show.com/
Todd Moore's Blog - https://toddmoore.com/
Free App Company - http://freeappcompany.com/
Powered by Playapod - https://playapod.com
Version 7 is a complete rewrite with awesome new features including the precision progress bar, time-coded bookmarks, sleep timer, advanced show management, playback rates, improved media controls, and customized settings. Now includes some of Todd's favorite tech podcasts in addition to Tech 411. Powered by Playapod!
Ratings and Reviews
Here's a couple of suggestions for the next rev (not being a jerk, I hope, just some suggestions)
1) don't kill the audio when playing and you go back to the episode list. Allow the user to navigate back and select more to download once playing.
2) integrate better with background audio-- allow audio controls (pause, etc) when screen is locked. I'll often use my headphone controller to pause when an app is not open
3) view show notes before downloading... Maybe I'm hunting down a specific episode to pull down...
Great Program, Clean App!
I'm happy the show finally has it's own dedicated app since I usually listen on the go.
What makes this tech podcast stand out is the hosts. Oscar and Katie are professional radio broadcasters and Todd is a professional developer. They all have their fingers on the technological pulse and discuss it in a manner that everyone can understand and enjoy. This show is NOT recorded in mom's basement!
One feature I'd like to see on the app is a link to the apps of the week. You know, for the lazy listener with ADD... Like myself.
Great show(s), so naturally a great app!
Feedback as requested:
1. Needs a sleep timer - I don't want to miss anything while sleeping!
2. Interrupts the episode each time I click off with my headphones or switch apps. Plus, it doesn't seem to load as the default when between apps (ie. switches to iTunes or podcast app when I try to restart the episode with my headphones)
3. I really like the skip ahead, skip back features (10 second intervals).
4. Keep up the good work!
- Free App Company, LLC
- 16.7 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2014-2018 Free App Company, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.