By Byte Works, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Program Sensors, Bluetooth LE and Electronic Devices, Display Interactive Graphics and Analyze Data with techBASIC.
"It's like having a mini-MATLAB in my pocket!"
--Susan Foy, Ph.D.
VIDEO -- BUILDING IPHONE & IPAD ELECTRONICS PROJECTS
VIDEO -- PROGRAMMING in techBASIC
O’REILLY BOOK -- BUILDING IPHONE & IPAD ELECTRONICS PROJECTS
Create Real World Arduino, Sensor and Bluetooth LE Apps with techBASIC
◆ Access data real-time from the built-in accelerometer, magnetometer and gyroscope sensors
◆ Turn an iPhone into a magnetometer
◆ Turn an iPhone into a Plant Moisture Meter using HiJack
◆ Connect to Bluetooth low energy devices from the iPhone and iPad
◆ Collect Data from a model rocket iPhone flight using the TI SensorTag
◆ Hack a Remote Control car with an Arduino and Bluetooth LE
◆ Build Bluetooth low energy based circuits
◆ Connect a servo using WiFi
Check out the Early Release of the eBook at
CREATE STAND ALONE APPS WITH techBASIC AND techBASIC APP BUILDER
◆ Write your apps in techBASIC on your iPad or iPhone.
◆ Use techBASIC App Builder and Xcode on a Mac to compile it for distribution.
◆ Sell your app on the App Store.
SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT WITH techBASIC
◆ Send and receive data from Bluetooth LE devices (only on hardware that supports Bluetooth LE)--control the Internet of Things, right from your iPhone or iPad
◆ Collect data from outside sensors using HiJack
◆ Access to the built-in accelerometer, magnetometer and gyroscope
◆ Get the current GPS location and heading
◆ Supports TCP/IP, HTTP and FTP for accessing information via WiFi connections
◆ Create apps with all of the standard iOS controls
° Use buttons, lists, sliders, pickers, etc.
° Take pictures with the camera
° Display web sites and documents
° Show maps
◆ Step and trace debugger
° Set breakpoints with a tap
° See current variables, both local and global
° See everything in a variable, even large matrices
◆ Array & matrix commands like matrix inversion, determinants, matrix arithmetic & more
◆ BASIC is easy to learn and use
◆ BASIC ranks in the top 5 most popular programming languages in most surveys
◆ Numeric integration for calculus
◆ Fit curves to data with polynomial and linear regression
◆ Solve simultaneous equations with matrix operations like LU decomposition
◆ Special functions for statistics
◆ Create a plot with only a few lines of code
◆ Pan and zoom plots with swipes and pinches
◆ Rotate 3D plots along an arbitrary axis
◆ Supports 2D or 3D Cartesian axis
◆ Polar, spherical and cylindrical axis
◆ Create error bars in 2 or 3 dimensions
◆ Add custom callouts
◆ The power-user’s graphing calculator--see how in our web tutorial
techBASIC IN THE STEM CLASSROOM
◆ Understand physics from real data, like zero G on a swing
◆ Check calculus homework with fast, accurate numeric quadrature (integration)
◆ Quickly plot functions to understand coordinate systems
◆ Use techBASIC as a power-user’s graphing calculator (see our tutorial blog!)
◆ Built-in Help System
◆ Quick Start Guide
◆ Reference Manual
° Over 300 pages
° Dozens of sample programs and images
° Free download from the web site
◆ Tutorials on the web site present complete programs you can modify
◆ Accessing Bluetooth LE devices
◆ The Power-User’s Graphing Calculator
◆ Numeric Integration
◆ Linear Regression
◆ Using controls
◆ Matrices and vectors
◆ Connect to outside sensors using HiJack
◆ Use the magnetometer as a metal detector
◆ Collect data from a stunt kite flight
What's New in Version 3.2.1
• Opening a program for the first time opens it at the top. Switching to another file and back opens an edited file approximately at the last cursor position.
• (iOS 7) Formatting some single precision numbers caused a crash; this has been corrected.
• (iOS 7) Breakpoints no longer disappear without warning.
• (iOS 7) The status bar overlapped some views, especially the What's New view on the iPhone. This has been corrected.
• (iOS 7) The up and down arrow keys work on Bluetooth keyboards, again. Holding the key down does not repeat the cursor move, though--that will have to wait for changes in iOS.
• (iOS 7) The size of the graphics screen now updates upon rotation.
• (iOS 7) The Find and Replace commands scroll the text properly.
• (iOS 7) Hitting a breakpoint in Source view, switching to the graphics view, then switching back to the source view no longer crashes techBASIC.
• (iOS 7) The E-M Field sample no longer crashes techBASIC.
• Setting the font style or color failed for text drawn to a pixel graphics screen.
• The status bar is not longer hidden when running an app in full screen mode for the first time.
• Updates of plots on screens that do not use pixel graphics are now faster.
Program your own GUI!
I enjoy building electronics and programming. This app is awesome to put both of my hobbies together! There are some peripherals that already passed apples MFi program but not as much as I'd like. While this app doesn't bridge that gap between electronics and GUI completely- you can't just build a logic analyzer and connect it to the ipad to display the output, it comes pretty close! This app is a great and enjoyable tool for people with similar interests!
Cool, useful and daunting all at once!
Readily accesses iPhone and iPad functions such as accelerometer data so that you can write your own programs and do inventive, innovative stuff, even running Arduino sensors and what not that you connect your Apple device.
Chrome plated BASIC
I found this while researching ways to test and use Bluetooth Low Energy. Wish I would have found it sooner! Turns the iPad into a really powerful testing tool.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Oct 11, 2013
- Version: 3.2.1
- Size: 21.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Byte Works, Inc.
- © Copyright 2013, Byte Works, Inc., All Rights Reserved
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.