By Mike Janney
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
technoBox2 is your virtual techno studio on the go featuring stunningly accurate emulations of three classic boxes: The legendary 303 bass machine together with the smooth 808 and punchy 909 drum machines. technoBox2 has easy to use sequencing capabilities which lets you tie together patterns, or use it live by improvising pattern switches on the fly!
technoBox2 is the next version of technoBox implementing many asked for features, amongst others:
- Dual 303s and drum machines (2x303, 2x808/909)
- The 303 emulation is our latest engine which sports improved authenticity
- Dual XY Pads with assignable axis to any parameters
- Improved song sequencing with Start/End and Loop markers
- Lock parameters song bars
- Export recorded songs (as .wav) via iTunes (documents)
- Upload recorded song to SoundCloud directly and share
- Load your own .wav and .aif samples (uncompressed 44.1kHz 16-bit) into the drum machines (via iTunes documents)
- Performance screen with the most accessed controls on one screen
- Completely redesigned FX Panel: You can now activate effects on any or all of the 4 machines
- Improved tempo synced phaser and distortion effects. Added a damp parameter to the delay.
- Filter cutoff added to the drum machines
- Per part decay added to the drum machines
- iPad native resolution support
- Retina display support
- Requires at least iPhone 4 (but runs best on iPad 2/iPhone 4s) or iPod touch with Retina display
Version 2.1.0 changes
- Additional 606-kit added
- Now supports both landscape and portrait modes on iPad
Please note: technoBox2 currently does not work on the iPod touch 2nd generation or earlier. It requires at least an iPhone 3G S or later to work.
What's New in Version 2.2.1
- Improves GUI performance on iPhone 4
- Adds support for AudioCopy
Good 303 sound quality, suggested improvements
I like the audio quality of this app, I have two suggestions that would make the sequencer easier to use in my opinion: 1. An option to hear the current note being pressed, 2. Rhythm input mode where you can tap a note rhythm the like the original 303. Cheers, Aron
A serious contender again
Drum samples are a bit weak, but the 303 synth sounds great. Now that it has audiocopy and inter-app audio, it's a lot more useful. Thank you, devs.
A couple issues remain: no MIDI clock sync makes it hard to play in time with other apps or hardware; and it's (authentically) awkward to program notes in the step sequencer.
PLEASE....give this awesome app Audiobus support...it REALLY needs it!! And add effects for the synths and drums...not just global effects, but things to add individually!! Thanks!
- Category: Music
- Updated: Oct 22, 2013
- Version: 2.2.1
- Size: 6.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Mike Janney
- © 2013 Mike Janney / AudioRealism
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.