TechSmith Smart Player
By TechSmith Corporation
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The TechSmith Smart Player enables you to get the most out of viewing videos created with TechSmith products. It is required in order to interact with videos created by Camtasia or TechSmith Relay that include assessments, links, table of contents, closed captioning, variable speed playback and more. If the video you want to watch has interactivity, you will automatically be prompted to play the video with the TechSmith Smart Player – giving you a more engaging viewing experience.
With TechSmith Smart Player, you can:
· Interact with questions that are added to the video, such as quizzes or surveys.
· Tap on a hotspot link to jump to another section of the video, a different video, or a Web page.
· Find specific points in the video by using the table of contents or searching for specific keywords
· Use the history to go back to videos you have watched previously
· Speed up or slow down video playback to meet your needs
· Display closed captioning for videos that include captions
What's New in Version 1.2.5
Use Chrome to load, not Safari!
I have an iPhone 6S+ running iOS 9.3.2. This app will NOT open if you run a Techsmith video through Safari. Instead it will just lead you to the App Store, from where you can't really do anything. I downloaded Chrome and I was finally able to use this app. Wish I didn't have to download this useless app in addition to Chrome just to stream my university podcasts on my phone but I guess it can't be helped.. Not very accessible but it gets the job done. I guess the only upside is that it scrubs really quickly and you get to browse through other podcasts in chronological order. Still useless though. That and the interface is ugly. That's all.
No app to make videos???
You will pay for a low quality software that doesn't even have an app to use on your phone. Also this app has one video that's it? The intro to camtaisa has a few animations that was built by a graphic designer in flash or other program, and this is not offered in camtasia. Don't buy this program. Just use PowerPoint.
How to get it to work
Clicking a link in Safari will just take you to the App Store and tell you to download the app, even if you already have it.
To get the app to actually load the videos I want to play I had to download a third party web browser (I use Photon, but I imagine you could use a different one). Then when I click links they actually load right.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Feb 29, 2016
- Version: 1.2.5
- Size: 1.9 MB
- Languages: English, German, Japanese
- Seller: TechSmith Corporation
- © 2013 TechSmith Corporation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.