Simple, Powerful Screen Capture Software
TechSmith Snagit takes the hassle out of creating images and videos. Capture your screen, edit images, and deliver results. Snagit is also the only screen capture tool with built-in advanced image editing and screen recording. So you can easily create high-quality images and videos all in one program. Quickly explain a process, build visual-based documentation and be more engaging by adding images and videos to your communications.
• Video Capture with Webcam
• Animated GIF
• Panoramic and Scrolling Capture
• Background Auto-fill and Magic Wand Select
• Shared Styles and Themes
• Smart Move
• Grab Text
• Text Replace
This release has full macOS 10.14 Mojave support
• Improved Camera & Microphone permission support when running Snagit for the first time on macOS 10.14 Mojave
• Prevent enabling or installing the TechSmith System Audio Component on the 2017 iMac Pro and 2018 MacBook Pro
• Microphone audio during video recording no longer fails to record on macOS 10.14 Mojave
• Fixed an issue disabling webcam in the Snagit menubar icon after a recording completed
• Fixed an issue preventing users from choosing the microphone from the Snagit menubar icon
• Fixed a crash with Region Selection with multiple windows open
• Goo.gl Short URL Service will be deprecated on March 30, 2019. All existing links will continue to work, but all Google Drive shares from Snagit will now be the longer Google Drive link format.
• Callouts have been fix to render pasted text correctly
• Floating images now snap flush with other objects
Ratings and Reviews
This application has the most complicated, confusing and un-Mac-like interface I have ever seen in an App store purchase. I am pretty sure it is a near-direct port of a Windows program, as it is loaded with endless popups, wizards, never-before-seen controls, and colored whiz-bang but ultimately meaningless gewgaws.I bought it for one reason and one reason only, namely the promise that it could take one-click screenshots of the entire contents of scrolling windows. After wading through endless animated tutorials, multiple open windows and various other distracting interface elements, I still couldn’t figure out how to do this, and I gave up. I am trying to get my purchase refunded, as I find it un-usable. Think hard and look around at the many (less expensive) alternatives before settling on this program.
Hi, we're so sorry that your first experience was not what you had hoped. Unfortunately, Apple's App Store rules prevent the one click scrolling capture feature, so that's only available with the version from our website. However, if you contact our Tech Support team (link on the upper right of Snagit's App Store page) and provide your receipt from Apple for buying Snagit, they will be able to move you over to the version that does include this feature.
As for your comments about the interface being complicated, we do try to stay close to our Windows version to make it easy for users that are on both platforms. That being said, we can still make improvements that would make the product easier to use. We'd love to hear more from you about what exactly you found to be complicated and un-mac like. In Snagit, if you click on the Help menu and choose Send Feedback, it will bring you to our site where we can talk about this in more detail.
i like it — not sure it was worth another $50 to upgrade
I like the app — though I agree with another reviewer the interface and options seem a bit complicated for a Mac
Something as simple as customizing the toolbar for ones individual workflow — the customization panel drops down from the top (typical of Mac), BUT covers the toolbar, so one has to REMEMBER what is in the toolbar, AND one cannot reorder the task by moving them as the toolbar itself is BEHIND the customization window. that is just silly; I can’t think of another word for that. if there is a method, why change what is typical of Mac and why bury it so one has to look
I am not sure it was worth the extra $50 to upgrade from v 4 (which I bought just 4 months ago — I have been using the windows version for 2 years)
What the app actaully DOES is very good though
We're glad you like it overall! Sorry about the customize toolbar issue, that's a bug that we hope to have fixed soon.
As for the upgrade cost, if you're able to use our non-app store version, then you can upgrade from our website for $25, unfortunately the app store doesn't support upgrade pricing models. If this interests, you, you can contact our Tech Support team to transition your license over.
Stick with a previous version
I regret updating from a very old (4+ years) version of Snagit. Snagit 2018 has MONSTEROUS PERFORMANCE & USABILITY ISSUES:
* Multi-second delay when toggling to the Snagit app (not starting the app, just toggling to Snagit already running using CMD+Tab, etc). The same delay plagues the act of capturing images (capture an image, wait 3-5 seconds for the app to appear - over and over again). No other applications exhibit this behavior on my 2017 MacBook Pro with maxed memory and upgraded graphics. Google “Snagit 2018 performance” and you’ll see a glut of related articles.
* This version also exhibits permision challenges when attempting to capture/edit/save images. It constantly presents warnings about permissions for folders and often loses my captures on restart. Extremely frustrating.
I’ve been a loyal devotee to Snagit for years, but this version (and perhaps futuer versions?) should be avoided. I’ve switch to Capto (available on the Mac App Store) and have been vert pleased with its’ performance.
Hi, sorry about the troubles! At the top right of the App Store page for Snagit, there's a link to our support website. If you open a ticket with them, they should be able to figure out where those missing captures went and how to silence the warnings that you're seeing.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.