By TED Conferences
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Feed your curiosity and expand your world with TED Talks.
Explore more than 2,000 free videos and learn from the world's most remarkable people. Search by any mood or topic, from tech and science to the surprises of your own psychology.
Features on iPad, iPhone and iPod touch:
・Browse the free TED Talks video library, with subtitles in over 100 languages
・Sign in to your TED.com account and sync your downloaded and favorited talks
・Play videos on your device or send to your home entertainment system via AirPlay or Chromecast
・Discover inspiring, funny, or jaw-dropping free talks
・Let us build you a custom playlist -- tailored to your time frame
・Bookmark talks to watch later
・Download talks to watch offline
What's New in Version 4.2
One of the best features about the TED app is that you can be notified when there is a new talk we are excited about. We wanted to make that an even better experience so we gave it an upgrade for this release. If you have push notifications for TED enabled (and you should!) we now attach the talk image as well as buttons to instantly add the talk to your Watch List for later or to start watching instantly.
That's not the only change in this release. These fixes also made the cut:
- The tab bar should now be the same color as the navigation bar so it doesn't look slightly off on the newest iPhone's fancy OLED screen.
- We fixed a few layout layout issues with the Recent Talks widget on the newest iPhone.
- There was a small gap between the section header and the navigation bar on the playlists screen on the iPhone that looked unsightly. We got rid of it. Sorry, gap.
- There was a very subtle movement of TED Logo on splash screen that only the most keen of eyes would notice. We like to think we have keen eyes, so we fixed it.
- If you ran into issues updating your database it was probably because of a temp file created during the migration that we forgot to remove. We now remove that file.
- There was some weirdness with the splash screen when updating the TED database so we fixed that too.
- You should no longer have duplicate items show up in your Watch History. We know that Adam Grant talks are great, but we don't need to show the same talk in your history twice!
- Fixed a crash that could occur when showing the Recent Talks widget.
- Fixes potential crash when trying to load a Surprise Me playlist.
- Resolved potential crash when showing the audio playback controls on iOS 11.
- We now sign the user out and remove any cached download files as part of resetting the app if it gets into a bad state. We hope you never have to try this feature out!
We'd love to hear from you. If you run into any issues or have general feedback on our app, email us at email@example.com.
ps. We don't prompt you for a review in the app because we don't want to take away from your time with our speakers. However, if you are enjoying TED for iOS, please take a moment to rate and review us on the App Store. It really helps us out!
I would give it a full five, but I feel that the age rating shouldn’t be so high. Ted talks should be enjoyed by all ages. Stop discriminating, Ted.
The App Store doesn’t support fractions of a star, so I was nice and gave it 5.
Need resume functionality
Application works well. However every time I pause, close my iPad and try to resume, the application hangs, and a force restart is required.
Was hoping to love this app but’s it’s horrible. I can never find specific speakers when I do a search. Content really needs to be updated.
The talks freeze at times. Although I download the audio, I wish can use other apps while the talks are playing.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Nov 13, 2017
- Version: 4.2
- Size: 132 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: TED Conferences
- © 2017 TED Conferences, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes