By TED Conferences
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Feed your curiosity and expand your world with TED Talks.
Explore more than 2,000 free videos and learn from the world's most remarkable people. Search by any mood or topic, from tech and science to the surprises of your own psychology.
Features on iPad, iPhone and iPod touch:
・Browse the free TED Talks video library, with subtitles in over 100 languages
・Sign in to your TED.com account and sync your downloaded and favorited talks
・Play videos on your device or send to your home entertainment system via AirPlay or Chromecast
・Discover inspiring, funny, or jaw-dropping free talks
・Let us build you a custom playlist -- tailored to your time frame
・Bookmark talks to watch later
・Download talks to watch offline
What's New in Version 4.4
Happy 2018! We are back with a few updates we made over the last few weeks.
- Have an iPad? Want to watch TED talks while doing other things on said iPad? We now support Picture In Picture!
- If you are halfway through a great talk, but need to step away for a bit, we remember your position for that last played talk so you can get back to where you left off with minimal fuss.
- As a video buffers, its progress will be indicated on the playhead slider now.
- The most discerning of eyes will notice that we tweaked our featured talk text layout.
- We put our talk detail page on a post-holiday diet so that it uses less memory.
- When you'd tap on a list of localized talks, we'd show you a "Loading Talks" alert while we fetched the content. If you left the screen, however, that loading indicator would follow you around like the Snowden-bot at TED 2014.
- There was an issue where a opening a playlist from a deep like wouldn't load if it wasn't already cached. We fixed that.
- We fixed a crash that could occur if the video playback controls were updated before a video's duration was known. A bit too eager to show you our great content!
If you run into any issues or have general feedback on our app, email us at email@example.com.
ps. We don't prompt you for a review in the app because we don't want to take away from your time with our speakers. However, if you are enjoying TED for iOS, please take a moment to rate and review us on the App Store. It really helps us out!
Still broken and needs more work
- UX / UI: Mark after a video “watched” after it has been played so that I know which videos I’ve seen. Grey or mask the thumbnail in search like YouTube does.
- UX: Persistence. Keep my place if I watch part of a video and return to finish on *ANY* device. If I start a video and then watch another video it doesn’t keep the place of either video. #Awful.
- UX: Continuity. I often start to watch a video on my iPad and switch to my iPhone. Same for a web browser on a macOS. The last spot needs to be retained like it is on Netflix, YouTube, Amazon Prime Video and dozens of others.
- UX: Bug. Picture in picture doesn’t *resize* to full screen when you use the 4 finger gestures to swipe back to TED from another app. You have a black screen with TED running in the corner.
These are basic video player items from 10 years ago.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Jan 16, 2018
- Version: 4.4
- Size: 133 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: TED Conferences
- © 2017 TED Conferences, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes