Feed your curiosity and expand your world with TED Talks.
Explore more than 3,000 free videos and learn from the world's most remarkable people. Search by any mood or topic, from tech and science to the surprises of your own psychology.
Features on iPad, iPhone and iPod touch:
・Browse the TED Talks video library, with subtitles in over 100 languages
・Discover inspiring, funny, or jaw-dropping talks and curated playlists
・Sign in to your TED profile to sync saved talks across devices
・Play videos on your device or send to your home entertainment system via AirPlay or Chromecast
・Let us build you a custom playlist - tailored to fit your ideal timeframe
・Download talks to watch offline
・Bookmark talks to watch later
Download the TED app to stay curious, informed, and inspired.
The TED app is ready for iOS 12! We're just as excited the release as you are and have made sure that our app runs at its best on Apple's latest offerings.
In addition to the iOS 12 fixes, we have tried to focus on sanding down some rough edges around the app so that we offer the best TED viewing experience we can.
- We've moved our settings for adjusting your download preferences and subtitle language in-app. You can find it under the My TED tab.
- We added a feedback screen under our new Settings screen as well so its even easier to get in touch with us. You're still welcomed to email us if you prefer, of course!
- When tapping on an action button on our playlist or talk screens we added a highlighted state so it's more intuitive.
- There's now an animation that occurs when adding an item to your watch list or favorites to give a bit more visual context.
- We added a parallax effect to our playlist and talk screens when you are scrolling. Why? It just feels nicer.
- We fixed a few potential crashes that could occur when the app was entering the background.
We hope you enjoy the new release. If you run into any issues or have general feedback on our app, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ps. We don't prompt you for a review in the app because we don't want to take away from your time with our speakers. However, if you are enjoying TED for iOS, please take a moment to rate and review us on the App Store. It really helps us out!
Ratings and Reviews
Watch fascinating talks on everything from modern values to futuristic technology with this sleek app hosting video lectures from TED conferences around the world. With intriguing discussions by experts, academics, and even celebrities like Sting and Bono, the TED app is a magnificent resource for learners of all ages. Recommended playlists and the option to download any video for offline viewing make the app simple to use, and educators can easily incorporate its content into their lesson plans to add richer context to a wealth of topics.
Beware! Download feature does not work well!
Beware! The Download feature does not work well! First, the app does NOT download the video or audio in the background on wifi so you have to make sure you keep the app open! Second (and even worse) when you click on "My Talks" then choose downloads, it will show your talk as being downloaded when in fact it isn't! (the talk has only started to download or is only partially downloaded). This means that you will consume a lot of unplanned bandwidth when you try to view the "downloaded" talk (which may cost you a lot of money) or you won't be able to access it all all if you don't have an internet connection. It's a poorly designed app. They should have a "pending download" section in "My Talks" and enable the app to download in the background when on Wifi. There should also be a progress bar when the talk is being downloaded.
I absolutely love listening to the wide variety of TED talks while I’m at work. Whether it’s inspiration, passion, motivation, learning, or exposure to a new view that I’m looking for, TED has it. The only problem is that I was using so much data! Well, no worries!! TED allows free downloads of not only audio but video. Hallelujah! The only thing is my phone sometimes freezes when I’m using the app, but it may just be since I recently updated my phone and not because of the app. Overall, highly recommended and so happy!
- TED Conferences
- 145.3 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- English, Arabic, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2018 TED Conferences, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.