By TED Conferences
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Feed your curiosity and expand your world with TED Talks.
Explore more than 2,000 free videos and learn from the world's most remarkable people. Search by any mood or topic, from tech and science to the surprises of your own psychology.
Features on iPad, iPhone and iPod touch:
・Browse the free TED Talks video library, with subtitles in over 100 languages
・Play videos on your device or send to your home entertainment system via AirPlay or Chromecast
・Discover inspiring, funny, or jaw-dropping free talks
・Let us build you a custom playlist -- tailored to your time frame
・Bookmark talks to watch later
・Download talks to watch offline
・Listen to an on-demand playlist of TED Talks audio
What's New in Version 3.1.1
Hello? Does this thing still work? Sorry for the delay. We seem to have temporarily forgotten our iTunes Connect password.
So. Has anything happened in the world since our last release in November 2016?
. . .
Oh, that's right! TED 2017 in April (A++ would attend again) and WWDC in June!
There's a lot of things in this release you won't necessarily notice. Under the hood changes to stabilize and modernize the foundation to prepare us for a slew of great new things coming later this year and beyond.
The good news is there are also some great new features you _will_ notice.
* We've done a lot of work to improve the audio playback and download experience for our talks. Put those shiny new AirPods to use!
* When playing a talk's audio, we now show information about it in Control Center. Welcome to 2015, TED.
* We've migrated your Bookmarks to a new section called "My List." The developers wanted to call it a queue, but we were told that was a bit too nerdy.
* You can now "Favorite" a talk or playlist that you enjoyed. Tim Ferris's talk from TED 2017 is a personal favorite.
* Your watch list, favorites, and downloads are now stored in our redesigned "My Talks" screen.
* You can now add TED Talks to your Today Screen with our new Recent Talks widget. Want more widgets? We'd love to hear your ideas!
* We added haptic feedback on a variety of actions in the app for those of you with fancy new iPhones.
* We now require iOS 10.
* Congrats Warriors. Sorry again, Cleveland.
We'd love to hear from you. If you run into any issues or have general feedback on our app, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ps. We don't prompt you for a review in the app because we don't want to take away from your time with our speakers. However, if you are enjoying TED for iOS, please take a moment to rate and review us on the App Store. It really helps us out!
pps. We'll miss you, Thaniya.
Screen won't rotate
The only minor issue is that the screen won't rotate when using the "Surprise Me" feature. Seems to be the only time I run into this issue. It is otherwise an excellent app with lots of good content.
Great videos, app is often troublesome
With recent updates, it is very difficult to see which videos have actually finished downloading. The progress bar slides around seemingly at random. Download bars appear and disappear, including with videos I thought had already completed.
Dear Team TED, you guys are awesome and thank you for iOS update. App is well designed and I cannot wait to keep watching new talks (instead of listening to them on the podcast).
- Category: Education
- Updated: Jun 16, 2017
- Version: 3.1.1
- Size: 122 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: TED Conferences
- © 2017 TED Conferences, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes