The Telegraph Historical Walking Tour app is an essential companion for your visit to Telegraph Avenue. Through an interactive 3D neighborhood map, you are guided through events that have an impact even today… From student protests and disabled rights, to anti-discrimination work–even the birth of social media. Eleven eyewitnesses describe their experiences and how their lives were changed. You’ll hear these stories available exclusively through the app.
• Pinpoints your location to help you navigate the neighborhood
• Highlights narrative, historical, and architectural points of interest
• Indicates locations of transit stops, parking lots, and bike share stations
• Can be used with or without headphones
About the Telegraph Business Improvement District:
Telegraph Berkeley is a community of 10,000 on the edge of the UC Berkeley campus. We are merchants, street vendors, citizens, visitors, walkers, bicyclists, and drivers. We are people who sleep, eat, talk, pray, read, and make music.
*GPS usage: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. This app is optimized to conserve as much battery life as possible.
Ratings and Reviews
Great and varied historical immersion
It was awesome to hear these personal stories as we walked the area. I really liked the story of the bombing of Cody’s Books.
The technology is fantastic. Although we would have liked to be able to share the tour over speakerphone. That would be one thing I would suggest.
- Guidekick, Inc.
- 134.6 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2018 Guidekick Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.