TelepaText - editor, speech
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
TelepaText provides essential text document editing, with extensive actions for text, research, speaking, sharing and viewing, built for iPad, iPhone, OS X and iCloud. Text-to-speech, dictation, speech commands and speech feedback are featured in TelepaText. Documents are automatically synced between your devices with iCloud. A common display style and command interface is provided on both platforms for best productivity.
• Easy actions for Find and Replace, Wikipedia, Share, Web Search, Map Search, Open URL, Mail selection or document, Twitter, Speak, Document Info, Sort Lines, Evaluate Expression, Move To Folder, Smooth Scroll, Select Font.
• Share action includes activities such as Message, Mail, Twitter, Facebook, Sina Weibo, Pinterest, Google+, etc.
• Actions toolbar provides quick access to common actions, also availble in a menu with unified keyboard shortcuts.
• Many actions are unified on both platforms, with the same keyboard shortcuts.
• Data detectors automatically find and highlight web links, dates, addresses, and phone numbers; simply tap for related actions.
• Extra punctuation keys on the optional TelepaText keyboard accessory, extensive settings, and modern navigation.
• Print options on iPhone and iPad include scaling options for font size.
• File Actions and iCloud file browser including filename, date, size, label color, and sorting
• Navigate the iCloud Drive file system with the same interface on both OS X and iPhone/iPad.
• Use text-to-speech for reading of documents, with automatic smooth scroll
• Use Dictation support (speech-to-text) to add text to documents, and to control TelepaText with Speech Commands.
• Speech Commands (an In-App Purchase) provide powerful ways to control the app with your voice on OS X and iPhone. Use speech commands to select text, open documents, get info about documents, rename documents, evaluate expressions, change settings, send tweets, insert a contact's address, phone, or email, insert the date or time, and many more actions.
• The iPhone/iPad version of Speech Commands provide a additional range of search commands targeting various web search engines.
• Speech Commands are a powerful Siri-like TelepaText-based extension to speech control functionality.
• Speech Commands Reference view displays the complete phrase structure for speech commands, indicating vocabulary and variations in the basic grammar.
• Tune the Speak action (text-to-speech) to the desired speaking rate, pitch, and paragraph pause intervals.
• Speech Commands are an In-App Purchase, and require the Dictation capability on your iOS device.
• Document Info action displays date created, date modified, paragraph, line and character counts for both the entire document and the current selection.
• Sort Lines action sorts the lines of the selected text or the entire document alphabetically.
• Evaluate action evaluates mathematical expressions such as (29.95+39.95)*3.0.
• Choose font from common fonts, or any font available on the system.
• Dark Style and Light Style.
• Enjoy your beautiful desktop image through your document editing on OS X with Window Transparency and Auto-Hide Menu Bar controls.
• Support for both iCloud Drive file system and device local files.
• The Settings view lets users customize a wide range of app behaviors.
Where to find Actions on iPad, iPhone and Mac OS X:
• On iPad, Actions are chosen from icon buttons at the top, right to left.
• On iPhone, the Menu button at top-right of document editing view opens the Actions view. Action buttons are also in the bottom toolbar.
• On OS X, main actions are in the Edit menu and in the optional toolbar of the editing windows.
• Rename a document by tapping it's title in the editing view.
• iCloud support is available on Yosemite OS X 10.10 and iOS 8 and later.
Visit http://imaja.com/telepatext for full details.
What's New in Version 2.2
New support for Markdown:
• Three new actions in the Edit menu convert the current Markdown text document or selection:
- Markdown: View as formatted text. The current font and colors of the text view are used for the Markdown view.
- Copy Markdown as HTML: Copy to the pasteboard as HTML. This can be pasted into the body section of an existing HTML document, using the existing style (font and colors) of the HTML document.
- Copy Markdown as HTML page: Copy to the pasteboard as an entire HTML page with a head section and stylesheet using the existing style (font and colors) of the TelepaText view.
• Markdown support is supported in both the iPhone/iPad and macOS versions of TelepaText.
• Keyboard shortcuts:
- Markdown - Command-Shift N
- Copy Markdown as HTML - Command-Option C
- Copy Markdown as HTML Page - Command-Control C