By Bombing Brain Interactive
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
★ "...it's a great program to have if you plan to give a speech." - TUAW.com
NEW VERSION 1.4 - All new remote. We know the old one wasn’t great so we retooled it from the ground up and added a few new features!
The most advanced and full-featured professional teleprompter for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch is now available for the Mac! This is no simple port from iOS. Rather, it's a complete rewrite of the app just for OS X. Available for both Lion and Snow Leopard with full screen support in both versions. Control the teleprompter running on your Mac with your iPhone, iPod, iPad, or another Mac!
Teleprompt+ is a simple yet powerful professional teleprompter for your Mac. Perfect for presenters, lecturers, students, teachers, broadcasters, podcasters, filmmakers, musicians, business professionals, or anyone who would benefit from having a powerful visual aid while engaged in a public speaking activity.
* Write your speaking scripts directly in Teleprompt+ using the built in text editor, copy/paste from any other app on your computer, or drag & drop text files right into the app.
* Track your progress using the integrated timer display (estimate, actual, elapsed and remaining time)
* Pause, play, and adjust playback speed during prompting
* Scroll text during prompting using normal swipe gestures on your trackpad or use the scroll wheel on your mouse
* Group and order scripts any way you like.
* Customize the following appearance and playback settings per script: scrolling speed, start countdown, timer display, font type, font size, text, and background color
* Takes advantage of many of the new features in Lion including fullscreen mode. Still running Snow Leopard? Full screen mode is supported there as well.
PRECISION PROMPTING AND SPEED CONTROL
* Choose from 100 fine tuned scrolling speeds (Yes, our teleprompter goes to 11!)
* Speed slider allows for precision speed adjustment while prompting
* Double tap using two fingers to quickly pause or resume playback
* Pinch and Zoom for quick and easy speed adjustments
* Various keyboard shortcuts to control prompting easily. For example, hit the space bar to pause and play, up and down arrows to adjust the speed and many more.
* Improve your focus with the reading guide arrow and shading
* Choose from 3 reading guide styles (arrow-only, shading only, or arrow plus shading)
* Shading area can be adjusted in size
* Easily add cue points while editing (just right click and select "Add Cue Point")
* Quickly advance or return to a cue point during prompting
* Text can be inverted on screen (for teleprompter reflector setups)
* Prompt on two screens/monitors that are connected to a single desktop or laptop. Use one to control the prompter while the talent can read from the other.
* Mirror only the talent screen while the operator can see the text unmirrored.
AUDIO & VIDEO RECORDING
* Record audio and/or video while prompting using the camera on your computer
* Record and play back multiple takes - excellent for podcasting or for rehearsing a speech
DROPBOX AND GOOGLE DOCS INTEGRATION
* Directly import and sync text documents with your Dropbox and/or Google Docs account
WIRELESS REMOTE CONTROL**
* Use an iOS device or another Mac with Teleprompt+ installed to remotely control speed, font size, and scrolling
* Text syncing - script text appears on the remote control's screen
* Remote keeps the text appearance, orientation, and position in sync
**Requires a wifi iOS device. Teleprompt+ for Mac 1.0, Teleprompt+ for iPad/iPhone 2.3, or Teleprompt+ Remote 2.3 required on the remote device. iPhone versions require iOS 4.0. This product is not compatible with previous versions of Teleprompt+.
What's New in Version 1.6.2
- Performance and stability improvements for iCloud. Thanks to everyone for the feedback and help!
- Added Export function! Just right click on the script and choose "Export" or use the File menu.
- Fixed issue with cue points not working correctly
- Fix to prevent the system "Ding" when using keyboard to control prompting
Doesn’t work as expected and seems to crash a lot
Doesn’t work as expected and seems to crash a lot.
+ It was super easy to copy and paste a script in from an email, Word or from a plain text editor.
+ The iCloud sync works. So once I inputted my scripts they showed up on my iPad
- Controlling the iPad from the computer was extrememly frustrating. My talent was getting frustrated which made the production less than great.
- There’s no way in hades this will work in a live environment. Thank God for the studio setting so you can cut and retake a section.
- It seemed that each time I wanted to start a script I had to reconnect my mac to my iPad.
- I should be able to control 100% of the production from my mac and not have to touch the iPad once they are paired. This is not the case which. I had to touch the iPad A LOT and eventually just dropped the mac app altogether. This means potentially moving my rig, smudging the screen, climbing in front of the camera over lights and audio… pain in the a**.
- 10 minutes with the product and I’m wondering if the developers have every actually used it
- The design of the app needs work
This app and the iOS companion apps have sooo much potential. If it worked as expected I would pay double or more for this. Note that 2 stars = I don’t like it as opposed to 1 star = I hate it. I don’t hate it.
Not ready for the big leagues yet
I'm a professional teleprompter operator. I make nearly 100% of my income teleprompting.
I don't know how well this works on other systems. But I recently bought a 2.6 ghz Intel Core i7 16gb 1600 mhz mac retina laptop - top of the line, maxed out ram.
The video gets choppier and choppier the faster I scroll it. There is no way I can use this on a gig I have tomorrow, though I would have liked to.
It’s Getting Worse
I’ve used this software in a professional setting for some time now and it seemed like it’s haveing a rough time in OS 10.9. It’s choppy, it freezes, it force quits, and the filing system likes to dublicate and delete formatted scripts. Looks like it’s time to move on to another software.