By Luke Brody
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
SIMPLY HIT THE UP OR DOWN BUTTON AGAIN TO STOP TELEPROMPTER'S MOTION
Teleprompter is a fluid script editing and prompting application useful in not only in video or television, but also in presentations and speeches. The application keeps all the script editing and prompting in one, simple, easy to use, yet powerful document based solution. Teleprompter implements "Groups" which allows you to control up to four groups of scripts all from one computer, and allows the script to be edited while it is in motion, for last-second edits. Overlay and timeline features help you concentrate on your script and keep it at the right pace. It can be remotely controlled using an iPhone or iPod Touch and the "Teleprompter Controller" app available on the iPhone App Store, or from another Mac running Teleprompter.
Innovative features of teleprompter include:
• Smooth Animation
• Adjustable Speed
• Groups (Allows for easy control of multiple scripts)
• Rich Text Formatting
• Adjustable Background Color
• Fullscreen Mode
• Vertical or Horizontal Flip (for use with mirrors)
• Live Editing (Editing while script is moving)
• Remote Control From iPhone or iPod Touch
• OS X Lion fullscreen and resume compatibility
• Overlay, custom image over your script to allow for better concentration
• Timeline, to pace script movement
• Completely adjustable speed, speed-changing keyboard shortcuts
• Open and saving to word documents
• Direct Mac-to-Mac remote control
• Apple Remote control
• Pre-print adjustments, flip text or change background and text colors before printing
• .telep Teleprompter file format, that saves overlay and timeline settings, in addition to text
Teleprompter Controller is available here: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/teleprompter-controller/id417602496?mt=8&ls=1
What's New in Version 1.1
• OS X Lion fullscreen and resume compatibility.
• Overlay, allowing you to but a custom image over your script to allow for better concentration.
• Timeline, allowing you to time the movement of Teleprompter down to the second.
• Completely adjustable speed, in addition to speed-changing keyboard shortcuts.
• Open and saving to word documents.
• Direct Mac-to-Mac remote control.
• Apple Remote control.
• Pre-print adjustments, allowing you to flip text or change background and text colors before printing.
• .telep Teleprompter file format, that saves overlay and timeline settings, in addition to text.
• Numerous performance and stability improvements.
• Fixes bug where flipping wouldn't work in Lion.
Decent promter software
It does pause! I am not sure why there are two reviews stating that it doesn't. It works like a toggle switch. To pause, simply press the direction button again. This is not unlike many other prompter software packages costing considerably more. Its a shame that a bad reviewers can effect a product. But when there are only a few reviews I can see where that could happen. I almost didn't buy this. But I decided to after reading the instructions. I am personally glad that I don't have to take my fingers off the scroll button controls to simply pause the motion. Its a lot easer to just press the up arrow again since my fingers are already in position. When your running a teleprompter, you need to be riding the controls, to adjust speed and pausing. The arrow keys works great. Up to move forward; up again to pause, down to reverse; down again to pause, left to slow, right to speed up. I like this software. Not great, but good, should cost $9.99 instead. The smoothness is good when running at a resolution less than 2560x1440 which is fine because you would normally output to a VGA device at a lower resolution. I would recommend this.
The software for the Mac works great, but not the iPhone app!
As I have read from others, the availability of the iPhone app was the selling point. I found countless other programs that sounded good too, but that iPhone remote was what I needed. I saw the reviews, but, since I have an old iPhone 4 in a drawer, I thought what the heck? The app for the phone seems to connect, but nothing happens. The iPhone Remote app does not work at all on the iPhone 5 or 6 Plus.
All that said, I love the main Teleprompter app for the Mac, it is fantastic. I have emailed support but a 2011 app is probably long forgotten. We’ll see, maybe they have an update to fix all of this? I hope so, it is a shame if they don’t. I looked for a teleprompter app that used a remote, I stopped hunting when I found one, this one. Since these issues, I looked again, still don’t find any others, However, I have one on my Ipad that uses bluetooth for a remote, I use a small keyboard with it. I wanted this because an iPhone is smaller than the keyboard and the MacBook Pro is bigger than the iPad. I should not have wasted my time. I still have to use the iPad.
This Teleprompter Software is Excellent and Works Very Well
I just purchased and downloaded this software quickly, and found it easy to learn, easy to run, and within 15 minutes had it working in our studio. We created four videos with it, and plan on many more. One of the other reviewers said it does not have a pause button. WRONG, it does pause and start up again by clicking the up or down key. Plus, if you are the on-screen talent, you can hold a wireless mouse, or use an Iphone app like Moble Mouse Pro to control it. I have used dozens of other teleprompters for over 30 years, and this one is the best yet! This app is worth far more than they are charging for it. I have already recommended it to two friends who work in production in New York and LA. They bought it and called me back and told me they love it too. Thank you to the developers, keep up the good work. Frank Candy