Telling Time - Photo Touch Game
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
★★★★★ My kids love this game to learn how to tell time
Endorsed by tens of thousands of satisfied parents, teachers, and kids the world over.
Photo Touch is an exciting educational gaming platform that helps your child rapidly learn how to tell time by sight, sound, and touch.
While "telling time" is traditionally not taught until the first or second grade, any child that already understands the concept of time and knows how to count to 12 will delight in using this app.
* The clock includes crisp indicators to make it simple and easy to learn
* You can easily break lessons into teaching full hours, half past the hour, etc. separately or all combined for advanced students.
* In total over 144 unique clock images are included (for each 5 minute increment)
* Add your own voice - now your kid can learn everything in mommy's or daddy's voice
* Add your own items - take pictures of your child's clock to make the game more fun and personal
* Learn by sight, sound, and touch
* Uses real, crisp photographs that are carefully hand picked and selected vs. cartoonish illustrations
* Fun & engaging voice artist keeps kids engaged
* Dynamic game play adjust difficulty (the number of objects per page) automatically to keep kids both challenged and entertained vs. getting bored
* Wrong answers do not interfere with gameplay, the child can immediately try again and touch the correct answer (most other games are too slow to keep kids interested by slowly repeating the desired question).
* Multi-sensory learning tool - combining audio, voice, and written words
* Don't like some of the existing items... no problem, just delete any item your kids does not enjoy
* Multi-language support - since you can edit existing items and add new items, you can record everything in your native tongue
Heroic Support is not just what we do. It's really what makes us, well, us. It's that drive to make a difference in your life - no matter how big or small. Really, it's our way of life because we want you to be our customer for a lifetime of fun and learning.
Have questions? We are here to help. Email us at email@example.com
Good app but ...
Some changes would make it great. First the positives. The picture quality is good, the clocks are distinct, the settings give the user/teacher great control. It is attractive for my kids (2nd and 3rd grader). Here is where changes are needed:
1. kids appreciate a sense of accomplishment - not an unending string of trials. They want to see improvement, so there needs to be a tally of success and failure rate.
2. The limited variety of verbal reward statements gets old pretty quickly
3. I see others have requested this and agree - this app needs to add the ability to test time skills to the minute.
When a clock is identified correctly, the clock is highlighted with a red circle. Most kids associate red with 'stop' or 'wrong'. The use of the red highlight is confusing
I love that I can customize the positive reinforcement on this "game". My daughter's face when she heard me tell her that she made me proud was priceless. She continues the "game" of finding the right clock just so she can hear me tell her how great she's doing! I just re-recorded it in Spanish! :)
As my wish list for future updates:
The ability to choose how many problems to solve.
Time limit would be nice.
Achievements or best time recording.
Reverse it. Choose the time that the clock displays.
Overall great app. I've also bought more grasshopper apps because this one turned out so well.
Nice, Simple and does the job!
Thank you. I appreciate being able to use the correct answer feedback for child use and the ability to turn them off for use with adult stroke patients. Very versatile. I would love to have the ability to decide how many to present. If I could set it to stop after 10 or 20 clocks, it would be easy to count the errors and recognize a percentage while paying attention to the client instead of marking the chart. 2 dings in 10 clocks is 80% correct. Please consider. Love it.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Released: Jun 10, 2011
- Version: 2.5
- Size: 13.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Innovative Investments Limited
- © Grasshopper Apps
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.