Tellmewhere is the smartest location-based guide that helps you discover cool places around you, and lets you share them with your friends!
Already more than 1 million downloads!
Tellmewhere doesn't just help you identify the places around you, it goes further by ranking them based on your own personal tastes. You can quickly find the right place that matches your tastes. The more you use the app, the smarter it gets.
With Tellmewhere you can:
- Give ratings about restaurants, bars, shops,... and then discover new venues recommended by people like you.
- Check-in to places, share your location and photos with your friends.
- Share your activity on Facebook and Twitter
- Find phone numbers, addresses, websites and other information about places
- See all the places around you on maps and even get directions
- Receive alerts about specials deals happening near you. (Note that continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life).
Tellmewhere users have already published millions of ratings around the world.
A note on battery: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
- Improve iPhone 6 / 6+ support
- Fix an issue that may let the categories view empty
- Minor bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Worth A Review-a good one!
First another reviewer said u can't call a business when it's found. Maybe he/she means something different cuz once selected, the phone number and directions are available.
I also noticed that this moonlights as an "Aroundme" -type app (but has way more choices in locations). It's very cool how it keeps a visual as well as text log of where you've been on the google map. A little picture of myself is all over California now. Really neat. This at first, I thought was strictly for social uses-not so (like I mentioned, it will find everything around you) but in two ways. 1) you can select "restaurant" or "xyz" just like around me or my favorite in a new town 2) just press check in and all businesses around you pop up! That way if I'm lookin to shop for clothes and I see Macy's pop up i'm good BUT ALSO I might see Nike outlet nearby too and remember that I wanted shoes. Or u might think u want Italian but when the Chinese place shows up a block down u can REALLY decide. You don't always know what u want. Tellmewhere helps you when u do know and when u don't know. I'm glad I found this app. Great UI too!
I really like this app and I'm surprised it's not better known. A great feature is that wherever you might be if, for example, you're looking for a place that sells, bagels, you just enter the word bagel in the explore feature and it will list any number of places and show their distance from you and then you can check on the ratings of any given location. It provides directions to the place, gives you the review of others (like a Yelp) and it's user friendly. I highly recommend it, and give it 5 stars.
I tried this app in France, UK and the U.S. And it worked well each time (even though there is less content in the US).
I am using it to find places around me and also where I intend to go by changing the location set up. It is also like a reminder of the places I have already visited (I can just read my previous reviews and therefore try to be as detailed as possible).
Adding a review (comment and rate) and pics is quite easy. Love it.
- BaDTech SAS
- 11 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2015 BaDTech SAS
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.