Tellus is the all-in-one rental management solution for landlords, property managers, and tenants. Here’s how:
OWNERS AND MANAGERS:
■ Effortlessly collect rent
• Get paid on time, all the time—see dramatic increases in on-time payments!
• Stop checking your bank account—you now have instant status updates and rent roll reports
• Be notified of payments and late rent
• Money goes directly into your bank account
• Tenants get smart reminders and AutoPay, so you don’t have to remind them
■ Best way to communicate, backed-up and secure
• Our chat cuts down on rental related emails, texts, and calls by 90%!
• Increased responsiveness means fewer delays and less collateral damage to your investments
• Auto-generated group chat for each lease with every stakeholder
• Post messages and notices and receive read receipt confirmations
■ Financial nirvana
• Get professional bookkeeping results without paying anyone to do it
• Instantly log income and expenses with a pic and throw away those receipts
• Monitor your cash flow and true rental yield
• Breeze through tax season with beautifully generated financial reports
■ Digital filing cabinet
• We’ll remember every home-related detail so you don’t have to
• All chats, receipts, payments, notes, and docs are safely stored for you
• Share anything with your team without searching or worrying about attachment size
• This is not a walled-garden—export and share your data anytime
■ Teamwork matters
• Never play phone tag—all co-owners and co-managers are in the same chat
• Optional management-only chat for quick triage or planning
• Delegate unit responsibility to team members to increase accountability
• Members can excuse themselves from chats to reduce noise, but still stay in the loop
■ Other free services
• Free listing creation and syndication to 16 sites for broadest possible reach to prospective tenants
• Free tenant application and screening with comprehensive identity, work, rental, criminal, and credit history checks
• Free assisted search for the right service provider based on expertise, cost, and your availability
• Free customer service available directly in our app—we’re here to help every step of the way
■ We’ll scale with you regardless if you manage 1 unit or 500
■ See more at tellusapp.com/owners
■ Pay rent without checks, stamps, or bank runs
• Unlimited flexibility—easily pay with your bank account or your debit/credit card†
• Or simply try automatic monthly payments that do the work for you
• Secure payments go directly to your landlord and we’ll tell them you paid
• Smart reminders for upcoming rent so you don’t have to set your calendar
■ Fastest way to reach your landlord
• Tellus tenants see *much* faster responses from their landlords
• All roommates stay in the same chat to make things easier
• Send pics or docs, open new tickets, or request reimbursements all from chat!
• Your data is securely backed up and always accessible
■ Financial freedom
• Split rent and bills with your roommates
• Request money directly with our Venmo-like payment system
• Instantly log income and expenses with a pic, and throw away those receipts
■ See more at tellusapp.com/tenants
† Card networks charge an extra 3% fee. Bank/ACH payments are completely free.
■ How do I know my financial transactions are private?
We never save your credit card info on our servers or your phone. All third party payment processors are SOC-1 compliant and all financial transactions are protected by bank-level encryption.
■ How much does Tellus cost?
Tellus is a 100% free—regardless of the number of units managed.
■ Can I use Tellus even if my tenants don’t?
Absolutely. You can record each check or bank payment and we’ll do the rest.
Thank you for using Tellus! We are squeezing in a few speed improvements!
If you’ve enjoyed Tellus, please take a moment and let us know how our app has helped you by leaving us a review in the App Store. If there are ways we can improve, we’d love to hear it! We depend on your feedback, so please send us a note at email@example.com
Ratings and Reviews
Very useful to homeowners
I found this app through a good friend who is a happy landlord after using it. What this surprised me is that although this app is designed for rental business, it actually can be used for all homeowners. I don’t have a rental property yet, but I use it to track all my house related expenses, such as the money spent in repairing/improvement, remodel projects (room addition, new landscaping), property tax. I uploaded all receipts together with the original purchase closing statement and mortgage statement. It keeps all important housing related documents in one place and they can be pulled out anytime. This will be a well documented record for the buyer and for tax purpose when I sell my house.
Amazing help for homeowners!
As a homeowner, I’ve tried a few different rent collection methods. Doing bank transfers wasn’t ideal because of the transfer caps. Recently I’ve used Venmo but found it hard to use. There isn’t a clean history of payments because the rent gets mixed into all your other transactions. The biggest headache is that I would have to follow up on late payments myself. I LOVE that Zilly sends automated reminders to the tenant, so I don’t have to worry about it. The app has a super user friendly interface and organizes all the info I need in one easy to access place. Highly recommend this for homeowners - this will make your life easier!
Great Tool to Simplify Landlording
After getting the chance to test this app, it has really won me over! It’s been driving me crazy that my parents have been collecting rent in person every single month. While I understand it comforts them to have a physical check in hand, I have been looking for a solution to modernize their process and give them more time to enjoy their days. Zilly the cute blue cat is the tool I have been looking for this whole time. It allows them to collect rent safely through the app and also keep track of all of their rental-related expenses in a single location (very useful for when April comes around).
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.