Templar Battleforce is an addictive mix of strategic combat and army building with the precision gameplay of RPGs. Step into a Leviathan mech and lead the Templar Knights in battle against fierce Xenos. Create your own unique Battleforce by recruiting an array of Templar specialists -- and invent distinct strategies for your fireteams. Deploy your forces in tactical scenarios that challenge both novice and veteran alike. Put your best strategies to the test and see if you can snatch victory from the jaws of defeat in this futuristic turn-based wargame.
Armored in the Leviathan battle mechs, your mighty Templars will face hordes of terrifying Xenos, rogue human factions, and the ancient Narvidian threat. Slash and blast your way across a deep and deadly sci-fi universe -- waging war with cunning Scouts, righteous Soldiers, flamethrowing Hydras, specialized Engineers, deadly Sentry Turrets, and the indomitable Berserks.
= FEATURES =
- Command your Templars in turn-based tactical warfare across 55+ unique scenarios
- Face diverse challenges in every deployment: corridor-to-corridor, open desert warfare, territory control (capturing tactical points), defensive last stands, scorched-earth retreats, infiltration deep behind enemy lines, and complex puzzles
- Lead your squad in battle against immense and mighty bosses
- Immerse yourself in a branching sci-fi storyline
- Deploy specialist Templars and discover unique fireteam combinations with stealth, grenades, defensive overwatch, scorching flamethrowers, hindering attacks, and sentry turrets
- Face 25+ diverse enemy units: the Xeno, the Narvidians, and rogue human factions
- Build your unique battleforce with exacting precision, recruit and design every squad member
- Customize the appearance, armor design, talents, and equipment of your veteran Templars
- Endless combinations of squads, soldiery, and tactics will keep you coming back for more!
- Replay the campaign with your victorious squad in a New Game+ mode
= BACKSTORY =
The Templar Knights are a revered and storied martial order who were the elite forces for the Star Traders during their most challenging conflict: the Galactic War against the Guild.
They are known for their 10-foot tall battle mechs known as Leviathan Battle Suits. Once designed for high-pressure environments and exploring gas giants and deep space, these mechs have now been modified for war.
Templars descend from a Zendu bloodline -- a unique heritage that gives them the ability (with proper training and ritual) to pass all of memories from their lives (and any memories passed down by their ancestors) to a newborn child. This memory gift is known as a Templar’s Lineage – and it is what gives Templars their immense advantage in combat, tactics, engineering, and the ability to drive hulking Leviathan Battle Suits. You will take on the role of a Templar Captain who hails from a storied Lineage reaching back 87 Templars -- and who pages back through the memories to help cope with the dire situation at hand.
With the Great Exodus coming to an end, the Star Traders founded new colonies on the few remaining habitable worlds. The Templar Knights are called upon once again to defend the Star Traders and their new colonies from an ancient threat.
= WHO WE ARE =
Trese Brothers Games is a premier indie game developer of desktop and mobile RPG and strategy games. Andrew and Cory Trese founded the company in 2010 with a shared passion for challenging, highly replayable games. Having released more than six games on major game platforms and markets, Trese Brothers Games now has more than 2.5 million customers . . . and counting.
“We make games we love -- and we hope you’ll love them, too!”
- Added 2 new Requisition levels for Neptune, including 2 new relic weapons
- Dragoon Mk1 (RELIC) delivers untold damage at 6 range while Vright's Mk23 packs unstoppable Penetration %
- Added new Requisition level for Engineer, Transition Engineer
- New Burning Cutter gauntlet weapon for Engineer -- flame damage, melee build
- New Ordnance from Transition Engineer: Coolant X-Kit adds Flame Res (+24) and Max Heat (+20)
- Increased xeno spawning and resistance to march in Southbound Trail
- Adjusted spawn rates and max enemy caps in Mok: Drop Zone for fairer start
- Increased starting Supply Points (SP) in Mok: Drop Zone and Starport Breach
- Improved routes and paths through hills in Mok Drop Zone scenario
- Neptune's Concentrated Fire Talent now animates multiple shots as if AoE
- Fixed inconsistencies in the RQ tree
Ratings and Reviews
Great story, Squad-based RPG and keeps getting better
Very in-depth tech tree and ability to create different types of characters. Great story writing and a LONG game, definitely getting your money’s worth. One of the unique features of the game is the ability to re-spec your team in between battles, allowing you to try vastly different strategies based on your upcoming challenges. Trese Brother games are frequently updated and improved, easy to communicate with on their forums. Active user group to learn/compare strategies for gameplay really make a difference.
Wow, the recent performance improvements, UI improvements make this already great game one that you simply must buy. Smooth, fast. Once you get the hang of the team building concept and tech tree, you can attack the game over and over with new teams and experiences.
Update: The developers just don't leave this great game alone. 40 updates since originally reviewing. New features, weapons, team choices. Get this game!
Great game - a bargain at twice the price!
This is one of the best tactical TB squad combat games I've ever played (and I've been playing computer games since the late '80s - anyone remember the Amiga?) - balanced, deep, great tech trees that go on forever, nice story, developers support, good comment and guide community, what more can you ask? Actually, I do have one thing to ask - on the iPad (or at least on my old one), when you go to check the objective, the turn counter is covered up by the decorative armor (eye candy) in the bottom left corner of the screen, so that you can't actually see how many turns have passed - just see "rns of target 12" ( or whatever the goal number is) or words to that effect - am hoping revs can fix and update, it's an annoying glitch. But if that is the biggest complaint I have, it's a terrific game - hours upon hours of entertainment!
Top Strategy Game and Dev Support
I have to say, this is one of the best games available on mobile. The depth of gameplay, tactics, and customization is truly outstanding. In addition to the game being very rewarding, this developer provides patches and updates regularly. These developers seem to take pride in the continued support and quality enhancements of their work.
There are no hidden fees or in app purchases. You pay once and get a fantastic game for the money. Even if this dev added DLC, I would most likely pay in a heartbeat due to their track record. This game and these devs deserve a lot of respect and support for their efforts. I hope this team makes a lot of money from this so they can continue to grow and innovate. Well Done!
- Trese Brothers LLC
- 172.3 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © Trese Brothers LLC, 2015
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.