Tempo - Metronome with Setlists
By Frozen Ape Pte. Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Tempo is the bestselling and most accurate metronome on the App Store. Featured as "New and Noteworthy" and "Staff Favorite" by Apple on the main iTunes landing page. Same price as upgrading a free alternative. If you're going to demo free apps, why not give Tempo Lite a try?
Ever since its release, Tempo has been consistently in the top 100 of the Music category in over 30 countries, and the top paid metronome app in most countries. Tempo's engine is written from the ground up for high accuracy and stability. It keeps going even in device lock mode, making it a useful aid for live drumming.
Tempo features an innovative interface that morphs between modes that each presents a different combination of functionalities optimized for the task at hand. Five modes are available on the iPhone: Basic, Preset, Setlist, Practice and Gig. On the iPad, Preset, Gig and Complete modes are available, the last providing access to all controls.
Visit www.frozenape.com for demo videos.
• 35 different time signatures, including compound and complex meters: 1-13/2, 1-13/4, 3/8, 5/8(2 variations), 6/8, 7/8(3 variations), 9/8, 12/8
• 6 rhythm patterns for simple meters and 3 for compound meters
• Customize accents or turn beats off to create more complex rhythms
• Tap tempo function
• Tempo ranges from 10 to 800
• Visual feedback in the form of pulsating LEDs
• Two pendulum types, each with two animation types
• Flash whole screen
• Fullscreen display mode with gesture controls
• Store presets in multiple setlists
• Advanced setlist management including search, overwriting, copying between setlists and multi-deletion
• Quick editing
• Share setlists via email
• Backup via iTunes File Sharing
Automator and Tracker
• Track number of bars played or time your practice
• Stop playback automatically when limit reached
• Up to 2 bars of voice count in
• Automatic adjustment of tempo every n number of bars or n amount of time
• Loop and auto advance through setlists
• Choose from 14 sound sets, including one optimized for live drumming click tracks
• Voice counting
• Vibration mode
• Pan audio left, right or centered
• Volume control and mute button
• Control setlists, tempo and playback with AirTurn, iRig BlueBoard, PageFlip Cicada, headphones remote and other accessories
• Assign action to proximity sensor trigger
• Classical metronome and Italian tempo markings
• Pitch pipe for playback of all 12 chromatic pitches (calibration from A = 414 to 466 Hz)
• Multi-tasking support: plays in background, with audio from other apps
• Four color themes and 2 styles
• Theme Editor to create unlimited custom themes (iPhone only, coming to iPad later)
What's New in Version 3.9.1
Perfect for drummers.
Im a Nashville drummer and I use Tempo exclusively as my gigging metronome on my iPad mini 2, which I clip to my hi hat stand. The setlist customization is the biggest value for me, along with being a stable app that has yet to crash. Two recommendations from me: 1) Could you include auto capitalization when typing in song titles in a setlist? The iPhone version does this and its a nice detail, but the iPad version does not. 2) I wish there was a way to import and view charts (or pictures of charts) and link them to the corresponding click in the setlist.
I love that you can rest multiple set lists. All the different time signatures, syncopation options, accent option, tap tempo, and the live use functionality. I use this app for live gigs through a couple head phone amps to provide the whole band with tempo. I would highly recommend this app for anyone who practices with a metronome, or plays live music. The only way that this could be better is if it could sync to Ableton live.
Fantastic Metronome App!!!
I have been using Tempo for years now! It is super fast, accurate, and very responsive. It has just as many, if not more, features than actual comparable metronomes that cost $50+. The playlist ability is amazing for live performances or practice.
There is sooo much more to this app that I don't have time to get into. But, the bottom line is, Tempo is absolutely worth the money, no questions asked! A "must have" for any musician!
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jan 18, 2017
- Version: 3.9.1
- Size: 22.2 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Frozen Ape Pte. Ltd.
- © 2009-2014 Frozen Ape Pte. Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Premium Theme Pack$0.99
- Theme Editor$0.99