Practice at your own pace.
Tempo SlowMo is an ideal practice tool for musicians, dancers and language students. Using technology developed for our Chord Detector and Chord Tutor apps, Tempo SlowMo’s sleek and simple design helps you practice playing songs, dance routines or learning a new language by slowing down or speeding up an audio tracks BPM (beats per minute) without affecting its pitch.
5 Stars “Great for playing guitar!”
5 Stars “Elegant and intuitive”
5 Stars “Great for transcribing songs on drums”
5 Stars “Amazing for memorization!”
5 Stars “Great for dance teachers”
5 Stars “Good for fitness too!”
5 Stars “Great for choir practice”
5 Stars “This app is my favorite :) i love it!!!”
Just hit the Music button within the app to reveal the available audio import options. Import an audio file from your iPod music library, Dropbox account or over WiFi network directly to your device. Tempo SlowMo will then load the audio file which you can then play, pause, slow down and speed up to your hearts content.
Tempo SlowMo also has a feature allowing you to drop markers at any point in the track so that you can quickly skip back to that point if there is a particular bit of a track you are trying to master. Special Loop Markers allow you to loop part of a track if you need to master a specific section. Start and End Track Markers allow you to override the point where a track begins and ends.
As well as being able to import audio files from different sources you can also make your own recording and save it for future use.
Export features are now provided as of version 1.3.0. You can export the changes you made to an audio file to MP4 and upload it to Dropbox or send it as an email attachment.
Please note that this app does not support tracks which are DRM protected.
List of core features:-
● Import tracks from iPod music library sync’d to device
● Support for iTunes Match
● Change tempo while playing between 20% and 250% or original tempo.
● Display BPM value if track is tagged with BPM via idv3 or iTunes metadata.
● Plays in background
● AirPlay support
● Play track on continuous loop
● loop sections of a track
● Export to Dropbox or Email (not supported on iPhone 3G)
● Input from devices microphone and slow down/speed up recording
● Import tracks from your Dropbox
● Import tracks from your computer over WiFi
● Import mp3 and m4a email attachments
● Gapless playback
List of additional features available via In-App Purchase:-
● Playlist – create, update, save and load playlists of tracks. BPM lock feature included which enables you to play an entire playlist at the same BPM.
● Pitch Changer – alter the pitch in 0.5 semitone increaments between -12 and +12 semitones.
● BPM Tapper – determine the BPM of your track.
● Equaliser Control – isolate specific frequency bands with this 10 band equaliser.
● Balance Control – change the volume per channel.
● Remove Adverts – The app is free but contains adverts. Use this option to remove the adverts.
If there are any features you would like to see in Tempo SlowMo please let us know.
- Dropbox upgraded to use the new API as old one is being decommissioned towards the end of June.
- Reverted iPad Multitasking and landscape orientation changes as they aren't ready yet.
- Some bug fixes also.
Thanks for the huge response on the possibility of integrating Spotify. I will investigate that next.
Ratings and Reviews
Better apps for less
There are so many better apps for less that automatically gives you the BPM. Why am I paying to to the work if I want the BPM? That's nonsense. Obviously this isn't an app for running, but if you run then I recommend something like beatpacer
Updated app does NOT work. Can’t search for itune files or playlists to run. Plus I don’t like Dropbox.
I’m a music teacher and this is a MUST HAVE
I’ve had this app for about two years, and it’s made learning, practicing, and teaching songs so much easier and more efficient. I give lessons at a music store, and have around 30 lessons individual lessons a week. I recommend this to nearly every student I have, current and new.
Learning songs I’ve never heard before is a weekly occurrence. Being able to slow songs down to hear the small nuances of a part more clearly is great. Changing pitch to match a easier to attain tuning is a huge time saver. The circular design is the most intuitive I can imagine a tool like this could have. I’ve used audacity and Adobe’s Audition to change tempo and pitch. This app produces the same great sound 1000% faster, and it’s mobile.
Things that could be improved:
Multiple playlists- I teach multiple instruments and styles. I find myself searching through my playlist not finding the song I know is there. Multiple Playlists I could use for each instrument or style would be amazing.
Option for higher fidelity playback-
The quality is never bad, but I’m sure it has to compress files in some manner to process them as quickly as it does. Some tones become very slightly messy when no speed change has occurred.
More consistent song setting saves-
The app remembers what speed you have each song set to. It remembers pitch changes, but does not apply it, which is mildly inconvenient. Turning on balance controls resets both pitch and speed.
I can’t say enough good things about this app and its developer. I hope this feedback encourages more updates and compatibility assurance. If there’s a way we could be in touch, please mention it in your notes! I’ll double check to see if there isn’t an email I could get in touch with!
- Martian Storm Ltd
- 23.7 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Martian Storm Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Pitch/Key Change $0.99
- BPM Tapper $0.99
- Playlist Festure $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.