Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Tennessean has added new features to its app, delivering the news that you love, in ways you may not have expected. From critically acclaimed storytelling, photography, videos, full 360-degree experiences and virtual reality, we’re now able to not only tell the news, but allow you to be completely immersed in it. And with our local-to-national coverage, you can now add news stories happening in other local communities. The new app design has also been streamlined to give you a deeper, richer, more visually-stimulating storytelling experience so you can get in, get out, and get on with your day.
• Browse headlines and read about breaking news happening nationally and locally including Sports, Entertainment, Technology, Travel, Business, and Weather with a swipe.
• Watch related videos and enlarge images.
• Share stories via Facebook, Twitter, email, or text message.
• Get notifications on news you want to know through push notifications.
• Live weather, hourly to 10-day forecasts.
• Simple, unified drop-down navigation.
• Flip through top daily photos of news, sports, and your favorite celebrities.
• All the latest scores for all your favorite teams.
• Enable location services to customize local weather news and other location-based services. (Continued use of GPS running in background can decrease battery life.)
• Be in the center of where the news happens with 360-degree video and virtual reality content.
• Elect to add one of our local properties to get more community news added to your feed.
• Get recommended and most popular stories for more personalized content.
• Save your favorite stories to read later.
• Sign up for our newsletter to receive all the news you love directly to your inbox.
TELL US WHAT YOU THINK:
Our app features are constantly being improved based on your feedback, so we welcome you to tell us what you love and what you’d like to see more (or less) of.
Contact us at: email@example.com or on Twitter @usatodaymobile. For additional information, please visit http://www.usatoday.com/mobile-apps.
What's New in Version 4.1.1
You asked and we listened!
• Added back the status bar (time and battery) so you can keep track of time while enjoying our app
• Improved design so you can scan our headlines with ease
• Elect to add up to five of our local properties to get your community news added to your feed
• Enabled sharing for Virtual Reality content
• Screen scaling for your iPhone SE and iPad Pro
• Bug fixes and stability improvements
We value your comments and emails and are using that feedback to continually improve our app. To send us feedback go to the "Send Feedback" link in the app's Settings OR email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Too many notifications
The app has a good layout and easy to use but sends out way to many notifications. You can select the topics and I have them all off except Breaking News, so I could get the really important stuff. But it sends 15-20 notifications a day and many should not be "breaking news". I'll probably turn them off and look for a less annoying app.
Today it sent 11 notifications on the same story! Whoever is controlling the notifications is driving customers away.
App works wonderfully and helps me stay connected to my community. I grew up reading the Tennessean and now love the convenience of having it on-the-go. The push notifications are always relevant and interesting, as well. Thanks, Tennesseean!
I've been using this for a few weeks now, and it has worked well.
- Category: News
- Updated: Jun 16, 2016
- Version: 4.1.1
- Size: 39.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Gannett
- © 2016 Gannett Co., Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- The Tennessean Digital Subscription$11.99