This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Tenuto is a collection of 24 highly-customizable exercises designed to enhance your musicality. From recognizing chords on a keyboard to identifying intervals by ear, it has an exercise for you. Tenuto also includes six musical calculators for accidentals, intervals, scales, chords, analysis symbols, and twelve-tone matrices.
A short description of the exercises and calculators follows. For a full list of all available customizations, visit the "Developer Website" link on this page or open http://tenuto.link/features/ in your web browser.
• Note Identification
• Key Signature Identification
• Interval Identification
• Scale Identification
• Chord Identification
Tap the button corresponding to the written staff line. For example: if shown a C, E, and G with a sharp; tap the "Augmented Triad" button.
• Note Construction
• Key Signature Construction
• Interval Construction
• Scale Construction
• Chord Construction
Construct the specified label by moving notes and/or adding accidentals. For example: if shown a C and an "Augmented 4th" label, move the second note to F and add a sharp.
• Keyboard Reverse Identification
Tap the piano key corresponding to the written note on the staff. While similar to Note Identification, this exercise uses a piano keyboard rather than note name buttons.
• Keyboard Note Identification
• Keyboard Interval Identification
• Keyboard Scale Identification
• Keyboard Chord Identification
Tap the button corresponding to the highlighted piano key(s). If the C and G keys are highlighted, tap the "P5" (Perfect 5th) button.
• Fretboard Note Identification
• Fretboard Interval Identification
• Fretboard Scale Identification
• Fretboard Chord Identification
Tap the button corresponding to the marked fretboard position(s). If the 2nd fret of the D string is marked, tap the "E" button.
• Keyboard Ear Training
• Note Ear Training
Listen to the played reference and question notes. Select the piano key or note button corresponding to the question note.
• Interval Ear Training
• Scale Ear Training
• Chord Ear Training
Tap the button corresponding to the played notes. If E and F are played, tap the "Minor 2nd" button.
• Accidental Calculator
Display the accidental for a note and key.
• Interval Calculator
Display the interval for a note, type, and key.
• Chord Calculator
Display the scale for a tonic and scale type.
• Chord Calculator
Display the chord for a note, type, and key.
• Analysis Calculator
Display the chord for a symbol and key.
• Matrix Calculator
Display the twelve-tone matrix for a specified tone row.
What's New in Version 4.0.2
• Fixes a crash in Scale Identification and Scale Construction when using multiple clefs.
• Fixes a drawing issue in Scale Identification and Scale Construction when using the Grand Staff.
• Adds Scale Identification, Scale Construction, Keyboard Scale Identification, and Fretboard Scale Identification exercises.
• Adds the Scale Calculator.
• Adds full support for iPhone X.
• Adds mode options to the "Scales" customization in Key Signature Identification and Key Signature Construction.
• Adds "Leniency" to all construction exercises. When the ‹Lenient› or ‹Naturals Only› options are used, exercises will accept unneeded or duplicated accidentals rather than marking them as incorrect.
• Improves the user interface when invalid customizations are selected. Tenuto will now try to explain which customizations are conflicting and how to resolve the conflict.
• Improves the user interface for choosing "Key Signatures", "Notes", and "Intervals" customizations.
• Adds ‹Markers› option to the "Labels" customization in Fretboard Chord Identification. This identifies each marker as the root, third, or fifth of the chord.
• Lengthens the decay time of sounds in the ear training exercises.
• Fixes compatibility issues with iOS 11.
Exactly what I was looking for. I've been looking for a way to practice reading music when I'm not at the piano. I would love to see the name of the chord appear after correctly identifying it in the chord identification scree
add this plz!
Amazing app. has helped me so much on so many things. i would love to see a symbol identifier added to it also. like a section the teaches what these symbols mean or musical terms (#, flat) or like ds alcoda
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Music
- Updated: Nov 16, 2017
- Version: 4.0.2
- Size: 13.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: musictheory.net, LLC
- © 2011-2017, musictheory.net, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.