Tenuto is a collection of 24 highly-customizable exercises designed to enhance your musicality. From recognizing chords on a keyboard to identifying intervals by ear, it has an exercise for you. Tenuto also includes six musical calculators for accidentals, intervals, scales, chords, analysis symbols, and twelve-tone matrices.
A short description of the exercises and calculators follows. For a full list of all available customizations, visit the "Developer Website" link on this page or open http://tenuto.link/features/ in your web browser.
• Note Identification
• Key Signature Identification
• Interval Identification
• Scale Identification
• Chord Identification
Tap the button corresponding to the written staff line. For example: if shown a C, E, and G with a sharp; tap the "Augmented Triad" button.
• Note Construction
• Key Signature Construction
• Interval Construction
• Scale Construction
• Chord Construction
Construct the specified label by moving notes and/or adding accidentals. For example: if shown a C and an "Augmented 4th" label, move the second note to F and add a sharp.
• Keyboard Reverse Identification
Tap the piano key corresponding to the written note on the staff. While similar to Note Identification, this exercise uses a piano keyboard rather than note name buttons.
• Keyboard Note Identification
• Keyboard Interval Identification
• Keyboard Scale Identification
• Keyboard Chord Identification
Tap the button corresponding to the highlighted piano key(s). If the C and G keys are highlighted, tap the "P5" (Perfect 5th) button.
• Fretboard Note Identification
• Fretboard Interval Identification
• Fretboard Scale Identification
• Fretboard Chord Identification
Tap the button corresponding to the marked fretboard position(s). If the 2nd fret of the D string is marked, tap the "E" button.
• Keyboard Ear Training
• Note Ear Training
Listen to the played reference and question notes. Select the piano key or note button corresponding to the question note.
• Interval Ear Training
• Scale Ear Training
• Chord Ear Training
Tap the button corresponding to the played notes. If E and F are played, tap the "Minor 2nd" button.
• Accidental Calculator
Display the accidental for a note and key.
• Interval Calculator
Display the interval for a note, type, and key.
• Chord Calculator
Display the scale for a tonic and scale type.
• Chord Calculator
Display the chord for a note, type, and key.
• Analysis Calculator
Display the chord for a symbol and key.
• Matrix Calculator
Display the twelve-tone matrix for a specified tone row.
• Fixes an iOS 12 compatibility issue where the score wouldn't appear in the "New High Score" screen.
• Fixes an issue with Scale Identification's "Question Mode" customization. When set to ‹Key Signature and Tonic›, minor questions are now more lenient, as the exact type of scale cannot be determined.
• Fixes an issue where audio playback of a scale could cut off the last note.
• Fixes an issue related to Auto-Lock and MIDI input. Note On MIDI messages will now postpone Auto-Lock.
• Fixes a rare issue where the correct answer button would be disabled when resuming an exercise.
Ratings and Reviews
Absolutely worth the money
So nice to be able to do ear training away from the piano, it’s the little pockets of practice that make you better!
A must have for staff training
If you play music and use a staff, get this app. Highly comprehensive and flexible, you can customize just about any type of exercise you need to help you with music theory. Tenuto means business, happy customer here.
Love it!!! So helpful!!!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.