Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Tera Synth - Modular Analog Synthesizer
Explore new sound spaces with Tera Synth that go beyond the emulation of synthesizer legends. Use the power of analog and digital synthesis combined with new modules for physical modelling. Wireless patching of modules combined with an intelligible modulation routing simplifies the development of new synthesizer designs from scratch. Distortion effect, Delay/Chorus/Phaser and Reverb effects give your sounds the final polishing. Tera Synth gives your music an individual character with its unique fat sound. The well-designed algorithms and the economical modular structure provides you with a comparatively high voice yield. Precise timing with the unique built-in Arpeggiator let you feel the rhythm.
Tera Synth supports Audiobus and Inter-App-Audio for integration with other Music Apps.
Modular Analog Synthesis
• Modular synthesizer with free connections between modules.
• 25 Sound Modules
• 4 Low frequency oscillators
• 4 Standard ADSR Envelope generators.
• 4 Multi Segment Envelopes with tempo sync.
• 64 time/level segments per envelope
• Monophonic or polyphonic with 16 voices.
• More than 920 factory presets, unlimited user presets can be shared.
• Chorus with four delay lines.
• 8 pole Analog Phaser.
• Distortion effect with Tube/Tape emulation
• Stereo Echo/Delay effect.
• Hi end reverberation unit.
• Play melodies live with the onscreen keyboard. Drag fingers for slides and vibrato.
• Optionally use CoreMIDI* compatible hardware keyboard.
• Dozens of scales selectable
• Variable Keyboard layout for scale optimized playing
Full featured programmable Arpeggiator
• Uses programmable sequences with up to 32 steps.
• Can trigger single notes and chords.
• Unique randomizer generates Arpeggios with 100% usability.
• 32 Arpeggios included, unlimited useer arpeggios possible.
• For each step you can program tie, accent, transposition and note order
• Audiobus 2 compatible (Input slot) with Preset saving.
• Inter App Audio
• Audio pasteboard. Copy audio recordings to Clipboard for use with other Apps
• Exchange user presets with File Sharing in iTunes.
• Support for virtual MIDI input connections.
• MIDI learn functionality.
• Publish loops and recordings online with the SoundCloud audio platform.
What's New in Version 1.4.0
- MIDI Learn with separate MIDI channels
- MIDI Sync drift problem solved
- New Delay effect algorithm avoids crackles on tempo change
- New 4xOversampled Distortion algorithm for antialiasing
- Inter App Audio Tempo sync
iOS Polyphonic Modular Synthesizer
The best all-around iPad synthesizer app available - hands down - is Korg's iM1.
Now: I absolutely love iM1, but I don't use it. I play with it, sure! Sounds killer, and it's a blast!
What I actually use is Tera - a port of a pc soft that's been around for a while, adapted to the iPad's environment.
In a nutshell: Tera is an extraordinarily flexible, extremely powerful polyphonic modular synthesizer app - easily capable of taking the user/listener into deep sonic waters - the trade-off being that a rich synth tool like Tera requires time, patience, and perseverance to master, especially if you're an inexperienced software synthesizer user. Not that I'm trying to discourage anyone from buying Tera - Tera does come with plenty of great sounds right out of the box, but it's true capabilities - that make it sparkle like a diamond - come from when the user digs into Tera deep, and creates his or her own sounds.
July 2016 Update: I've continued to push Tera hard, and I'm happy to say that it continues to deliver above and beyond what is expected. Brilliant!
December 2016: There are some absolutely superb software synth apps here in iOS land - as an example: Korg continues to surprise us all with such gifts as a virtual Wavestation and Arp Odyssey - but in spite of all of it, Tera for me is still my go-to synth app - by a wide margin.
Tera remains untouchable.
Tera is a deep, endlessly interesting synthesizer that rewards experimentation and nurtures creativity. It comes with examples, documentation, and so many features that you can return to the app for years exploring them. I have, in fact, having bought it on release.
One thing to note is the way this "modular" synthesizer is set up with the basics prepatched. Unlike other apps that use this term as a descriptor, the Tera does not require programming to make any sound or to use the on-screen keyboard or the like. It does not model the physical connectivity of the components of modular synthesizers so much as the resulting audio and control modulation that result from connecting components.
Ease of use, relative to virtual-modular synthesizers of the usual sort, is a real selling point for Tera Synth. So is the variety and quality of the sound sources available here.
Like other VirSyn apps, Tera sounds great. Potential for creative recombination arises in every section of the app. In the best synths, sound and music feed and change one another. Tera Synth specializes in this type of musical sound design.
Provided you are ready to build your own sounds, rather than relying on presets (though many, many are included), Tera should be on your device and open often.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Sep 29, 2016
- Version: 1.4.0
- Size: 33.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: VirSyn Software Synthesizer
- © 2015 VirSyn Software Synthesizer
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.