Terminology 3 - Extensible Dictionary and Thesaurus
By Agile Tortoise
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Terminology is a browser for the English language – part dictionary/thesaurus and part research tool. Terminology is designed to make it easy to explore words and phrases, diving down to more and less specific terms - accessing the web and other apps for more detail and sharing.
### "9/10...a Must-have Dictionary and Thesaurus App" - AppStorm
### "Terminology 3 is my go-to dictionary app" - Macstories
### "If you’re looking for the best dictionary app...then look no further" - App Advice
More than a dictionary, Terminology can be extended with custom actions to search the Internet as well as other reference apps which support integration – making it a great place to start all your searches.
One of the most popular reference apps on the App Store, Terminology has been rebuilt from the ground up for iOS 7 as a Universal (iPhone & iPad) app with iCloud sync of favorites terms, lookup history and custom actions.
- Full offline U.S. English dictionary and word reference with simple clear definitions.
- Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and deeper word relations such as: more and less specific words, part, part of, members, member of, pertains to and more.
- Star favorite words for quick access.
- Word browsing history.
- iCloud sync.
- Custom "Actions" to browse your current term on websites and/or lookup terms in other apps which support integration via URL schemes. Create your own or visit our Action Directory for single tap installable actions for many sites (http://actions.agiletortoise.com).
- Wildcard (?,*) searching.
- Spelling suggestions.
- Export/Share definitions, favorites and history lists.
- Dropbox integration to keep favorites and word histories backed up.
- Lookup and select replacement words from Drafts, Phraseology, Instapaper, Mr. Reader, Writeup, Writing Kit and a growing list of other apps.
- Customizable fonts and font size.
- Extensive support for URL scheme integration via x-callback-url. Visit our website for details.
- Terminology's offline dictionary is based on the latest 3.1 version of the Princeton University WordNet project and contains U.S. English words.
We love to hear your feedback, please contact us.
What's New in Version 3.1.1
* Fix for handling of some URLs if app was not already running.
* Support for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
Feedback and issues welcomed @terminologyapp on Twitter/Facebook, or firstname.lastname@example.org
Remarkable Dictionary App
Although Apple's built in dictionary is not horrible, it is rather lacking in functionality, something that this app abounds in. With this app, it is extremely easy to look up a word, find synonyms and related words, and do more with the action sheet functionality of the app. I use it almost every day to increase my vocabulary and I highly recommend it!
Best dictionary app on the App Store!
I am a junior in high school and I can confidently say that this app is helping me tremendously to build my vocabulary for the SAT and ACT! The extensibility is amazing. If I don't like the app's built-in definition, I just search Oxford dictionary or Merriam-Webster!
Seamless integration to "define" menu
Select a word. Tap "define". Tap "Terminology". And you're in the rich, informative dictionary/thesaurus rather than iOS's sometimes lacking dictionary. Very pleasant experience. Very useful content.
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Oct 10, 2014
- Version: 3.1.1
- Size: 23.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Agile Tortoise
- © 2010-2015 by Agile Tortoise, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.