Terminology 3 - Extensible Dictionary and Thesaurus
By Agile Tortoise
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
### iOS 9 Ready with Multitasking, Spotlight and Safari integration! ###
Terminology is a browser for the English language – part dictionary/thesaurus and part research tool. Terminology is designed to make it easy to explore words and phrases, diving down to more and less specific terms - accessing the web and other apps for more detail and sharing.
### "9/10...a Must-have Dictionary and Thesaurus App" - AppStorm
### "Terminology 3 is my go-to dictionary app" - Macstories
### "If you’re looking for the best dictionary app...then look no further" - App Advice
More than a dictionary, Terminology can be extended with custom actions to search the Internet as well as other reference apps which support integration – making it a great place to start all your searches.
One of the most popular reference apps on the App Store, Terminology is a Universal (iPad/iPhone) app, ready for iOS 9, with iCloud sync of favorites terms, lookup history and custom actions.
- Full offline U.S. English dictionary and word reference with simple clear definitions.
- Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and deeper word relations such as: more and less specific words, part, part of, members, member of, pertains to and more.
- Star favorite words for quick access.
- Word browsing history.
- iCloud sync.
- Custom "Actions" to browse your current term on websites and/or lookup terms in other apps which support integration via URL schemes. Create your own or visit our Action Directory for single tap installable actions for many sites (http://actions.agiletortoise.com).
- Wildcard (?,*) searching.
- Spelling suggestions.
- Export/Share definitions, favorites and history lists.
- Dropbox integration to keep favorites and word histories backed up.
- Lookup and select replacement words from Drafts, Phraseology, Instapaper, Mr. Reader, Writeup, Writing Kit and a growing list of other apps.
- Customizable fonts and font size.
- Extensive support for URL scheme integration via x-callback-url. Visit our website for details.
- Terminology's offline dictionary is based on the latest 3.1 version of the Princeton University WordNet project and contains U.S. English words.
We love to hear your feedback, please contact us.
What's New in Version 3.3.3
#### Visit our blog for more detailed release notes: agiletortoise.com/blog
- Only minor under the hood changes and fixes.
Help & Support: email@example.com
News and Tips: @terminologyapp on Facebook and Twitter
Review and ratings are always appreciated!
Good word reference tool
A good, straightforward thesaurus-dictionary for writers and readers. Plays nicely with other automation based apps like editorial. Compliments the built in dictionary on your iPhone or iPad. Also works without WiFi (although does best with it).
My go-to dictionary/thesaurus
So much to appreciate about this app. The word associations, direct links to further exploration on websites, and the clean design are all great. Nothing I don't need, yet everything that I do. Agile Tortoise is a wonderful developer.
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Jun 10, 2016
- Version: 3.3.3
- Size: 25.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Agile Tortoise
- © 2010-2016 by Agile Tortoise, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.