Terminology Dictionary: Thesaurus and Dictionary
By Agile Tortoise
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Terminology is a browser for the English language – part dictionary, part thesaurus and part research tool. Terminology makes it easy to explore words and phrases, diving down to more and less specific terms - accessing the web and other apps for more detail and sharing.
More than a dictionary, Terminology can be extended with custom actions to search the Internet and other reference apps – making it a great place to start all your searches.
Use the share extension to select text anywhere, in any app, and look it up in Terminology.
### Dictionary, Thesaurus & Search
- Offline U.S. English dictionary and word reference with simple clear definitions.
- Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and deeper word relations such as: more and less specific words, part, part of, members, member of, pertains to and more.
- Favorite terms.
- Word browsing history.
- Add your own notes to any term.
- Audio pronunications.
- Wildcard (?,*) searching.
- Spelling suggestions.
- Fast, reliable, iCloud (CloudKit) sync and backup of history, favorites, notes and actions.
- Term of the day.
### Extensible Actions
Actions provide quick links to lookup and search your terms on websites and in other apps. Ready to use actions for popular reference sites like Wikipedia, Dictionary.com, Google, IMDb, Snopes and more, or create your own with simple URL templates.
### All the Latest Technologies
- Share extension lets you access Terminology from a text selection in any app.
- Today widget for quick access.
- 3D Touch support.
- iPad Multitasking/Split View support.
- Spotlight and Handoff support.
### More Features
- Extensive support for URL scheme integration via x-callback-url. Visit our website for details.
- Great support for Accessibility features like VoiceOver and Dynamic Text.
### About the Dictionary
- Terminology's offline dictionary is based on the latest 3.1 version of the Princeton University WordNet project and contains U.S. English words.
We love to hear your feedback, please contact us.
What's New in Version 4.0.9
#### Visit our blog for more detailed release notes: agiletortoise.com/blog
- **Fix:** Quick fix for a spacing issue in pro mode.
Help & Support: email@example.com
News and Tips: @terminologyapp on Facebook and Twitter
Review and ratings are always appreciated!
Good but not perfect
If you type in a word with a single suggestion, it's no longer clear that it's a suggestion.
Another flaw is that you can't add words (or if you can, I wasn't able to discover how)
(If it could show up in "lookup" that would be a great feature)
Also, I don't like the large ads popping up, which is annoying because I paid $2 already. I would pay the additional $2 for the upgrade, but given the two major flaws, I'm unwilling just yet.
Fix the flaws, add flash card capability for "hearted" words and you'll get 5 stars from me.
This company has other cool products that are 5-star.
I have to pay twice!!
How does Apple allow this? I paid for this app over a year ago and suddenly I have to pay extra for the features I already paid for??? Developers like this are the reason I rarely purchase apps in the App Store anymore. Can't trust the Apple process or the developers.
5 Star!!!!! Hope more function for pro
Thank you great!!!
Developer! You are really angel in App World!!!
I also purchase Draft App.
That is AWESOME GREAT FAST IDEA INBOX!!!
Really Happy to buy this Terminology App(in-pro) and THE Draft!!!
Have a Nice day!!!
Big Thanks again!
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Jun 02, 2017
- Version: 4.0.9
- Size: 103 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Agile Tortoise
- © 2010-2017 by Agile Tortoise, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases