In a world of fantasy, called Terra Mystica, 14 races are fighting together or individually against their opponents to gain power and territory. Using their resources smartly and terraforming wisely to gain supremacy and lead their own settlers to victory. The original digital conversion of the highly decorated Terra Mystica board game of Helge Ostertag and Jens Drögemüller. Play against other players world wide or challenge the computer opponent.
Terra Mystica is a strategy game with a simple game principle and very little luck involved: You govern one of 14 factions trying to transform the Landscape on the game board in your favor in order to build your Structures. On the one hand, proximity to other players limits your options for further expansion, on the other hand though, it provides some benefits during the game. This conflict is the source of Terra Mystica's appeal.
Structures may be upgraded to provide even more resources, like Workers, Pries
The 14 artfully designed factions, each having unique special abilities, as well as the exchangeable bonus cards allow for a large number of possible game plays that constantly keep this game entertaining!
Features of Terra Mystica:
- easy to learn: the interactive Tutorial helps to get a start in this deep strategy game
- hard to master: Enormous depth and interesting decisions without being too complex to understand. The best strategy always wins!
- replayability: always changing and challenging game experience with new combinations. You want to try all fantasy races! An ideal game for hardcore gamers!
- challenging developments: only strategy and tactics count - not luck!
- game replays: Analyse your best games or learn tricks from the pro settlers
- multiplayer: Challenge the best players across all platforms world wide or play against your family and friends
- three computer difficulties: Try to beat the computer opponent
- newest update: This game uses the newest rules edition of the board game
Terra Mystica has won many awards as a board game, such as:
- Deutscher Spielepreis (German Games Award)
- Spiel des Jahres (Empfehlung) (Game of the Year - Recommended)
- Golden Geek Game Award
- Nederlandse Spellenpreijs
- International Gamers Awards
- Fixed tutorial step 2 for iPhone X
Ratings and Reviews
Good with occasional errors
Minus one star because of two things; errors and ease of use. The errors, I get sometimes after completing my turn. You have to start the app over again for it to work. Then you have to take the action again. It’s always worked after two tries.
The second thing is that there are a lot of menus to check through. If I start to take an action I don’t have certain information available to me quickly. For example if I want to build or upgrade and I forgot how many workers I had I would have to close the screen, check my workers and potentially my income for future actions, etc. I wish it was all right there.
On the positive side, the game looks and feels just like it’s analog counterpart. Great job with the look and feel. Works pretty well on my iPhone 7 and doesn’t require a massive screen to play.
No Way to Change Game Clock or Undo Timeouts
EDIT: this review has been bumped up because the developers have pointed out that when a player "times out," they can still rejoin the game until another player boots them. However, I've been the player to boot someone for timing out, and the dialog for doing so indicates that I am just acknowledging that another player timed out. This UX should require a confirmation of "are you sure you want to replace USER with an AI?"
I still stand by my review that we should be able to select the timeout clock duration when creating a game, but the app is not useless, given what I've learned. Just unsatisfactory.
This app is useless for asynchronous play. I've yet to have a game where nobody times out and gets replaced by the AI.
Gonna stick will the browser implementation by Snellman until the devs give users an option to undo an opponent's timeout or disable or extend the game clock when creating a game.
Developer Response ,
Hi, some players are prone to timing out. We are sorry that you are getting matched up with those types of players, but we cannot do anything to control that. Whenever a player has timed out in a game (ranked or friendly), it is the responsibility of the players in the game to touch the player removal pop up button to actually remove the player. If no one does this, then a timed out player can actually enter the game and move and add more time on their move clock.
Great when it works
The game is great. It is a good port of a pretty involved board game and it plays well even on my phone.
The game ties itself to Game Center, which I honestly thought would be a pretty good thing but that seems to cause issues with the game sometimes. After a recent reinstall I haven’t run into any issues but I will try the steps outlined by the developer if something does happen again.
The game is a solid port and a lot of fun. I highly encourage people to give it a try.
- Digidiced UG (haftungsbeschrankt) i.G.
- 205.5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © DIGIDICED UG
- In-App Purchases
- Fire and Ice $4.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.