Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
In a world of fantasy, called Terra Mystica, 14 races are fighting together or individually against their opponents to gain power and territory. Using their resources smartly and terraforming wisely to gain supremacy and lead their own settlers to victory. The original digital conversion of the highly decorated Terra Mystica board game of Helge Ostertag and Jens Drögemüller. Play against other players world wide or challenge the computer opponent.
Terra Mystica is a strategy game with a simple game principle and very little luck involved: You govern one of 14 factions trying to transform the Landscape on the game board in your favor in order to build your Structures. On the one hand, proximity to other players limits your options for further expansion, on the other hand though, it provides some benefits during the game. This conflict is the source of Terra Mystica's appeal.
Structures may be upgraded to provide even more resources, like Workers, Pries
The 14 artfully designed factions, each having unique special abilities, as well as the exchangeable bonus cards allow for a large number of possible game plays that constantly keep this game entertaining!
Features of Terra Mystica:
- easy to learn: the interactive Tutorial helps to get a start in this deep strategy game
- hard to master: Enormous depth and interesting decisions without being too complex to understand. The best strategy always wins!
- replayability: always changing and challenging game experience with new combinations. You want to try all fantasy races! An ideal game for hardcore gamers!
- challenging developments: only strategy and tactics count - not luck!
- game replays: Analyse your best games or learn tricks from the pro settlers
- multiplayer: Challenge the best players across all platforms world wide or play against your family and friends
- three computer difficulties: Try to beat the computer opponent
- newest update: This game uses the newest rules edition of the board game
Terra Mystica has won many awards as a board game, such as:
- Deutscher Spielepreis (German Games Award)
- Spiel des Jahres (Empfehlung) (Game of the Year - Recommended)
- Golden Geek Game Award
- Nederlandse Spellenpreijs
- International Gamers Awards
Upcoming FREE feature:
- Hard difficulty computer opponent with Deep Learning
What's New in Version 1.07
TXM v 1.07
Fixed the Mermaid city bug that was preventing the ability to be recognized some times
Fixed the scoring bug of the Engineers
Multiple small UI fixes
Fixed a bug preventing some running games to reload properly
Fixed a bug where the game would get stuck from multiple syphon events due to Halflings upgrading a Stronghold and building a Dwelling in the same action.
I have had the physical board game for about a year now and it is my families favorite board game. Terra Mystica is tough to learn at first but once you catch on to it you'll realize it is quite a brilliant strategy game. I am very glad they made an app for mobile devices. I suggest new players first play with someone they can learn the game from before playing the mobile app alone. It is a very complicated game so it is much easier to learn it when being taught by an experienced player in person. Don't worry though, it's complexities make it so much fun!
If you like the board game then you will like this app and it only takes a game or two to get comfortable with the user interface. The app has already helped me correct mistakes I was making in the board game version. The AI is about as strong as my typical board game human opponents. My skill with this game will certainly get stronger now that I have the AI to play anytime I want. The devs have done such a wonderful job on this game.
This is a really high quality app of one of the best board games out there. Still some bugs where the AI hangs (rarely), but I'm sure the team is working on fixing those. Bravo. $10 well spent.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Apr 26, 2017
- Version: 1.07
- Size: 177 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Digidiced UG (haftungsbeschrankt) i.G.
- © DIGIDICED UG
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.