Terra Noctis Free Dreaming
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Terra Noctis comes back in a free version!
~ A Retro-Platformer like you've never seen before in the Appstore! ~
Slip into the role of a small nightmare called Allen, who is not as scary as a nightmare should normally be.
Fight against countless monsters, prove your skills, solve riddles and explore a huge world that employs you for hours. Find secrets, unlock bonus levels and fight against huge boss monsters!
All this with thoughtful and responsive controls to enable an action-packed and intuitive gameplay.
# # FEATURES
- Perfectly responsive controls
- Smooth animations
- High quality pixel art graphics
- Hours of gameplay
- Own soundtrack, especially enjoyable with headphones
- Fight against gigantic, challenging end bosses
- Find friends who accompany you on your journey
- Take advantage of the opportunity to equip active and passive power-ups
- Collect objects that allow you to unlock extra levels
- OpenFeint Support
- iCade Compatible
Fun retro game.. needs work.
There is no denying, this is an awesome retro style platformer. I love old school games like this! That being said, I've owned this game for a couple years now and eventually I stopped playing out of a few frustrations that I was hoping that would eventually be fixed. Upon returning to this game I found not much has changed. For example: one of the levels (Hazelnut Desert.. level 9) I always seem to forget that I should bypass one of those little pellets with the question mark because it's placed next to a wall. If any of these things are places next to a wall you have the potential to get stuck. I get stuck all the time on that level 9 (one of the harder levels) and then I have to start from the beginning again. My biggest pet peeve of all, you are given the option to enter the store by pressing the pause button in the middle of a game.. but then after purchasing an item and returning to game play the game character is not where you left it and many time it dies or falls off some cliff where you weren't standing to begin with. These things really needs to be fixed.. and then I'd be very happy to give this game a five star rating. I still think its one of the better platform games out there but for a couple glitches that I'm hoping the Dev(s) will address and fix.
Flawed, but Admirable
There was obviously a lot of effort and love put into this game. The designs are varied, animations are pretty solid, the backgrounds are nicely done. I wish there was more variety and challenge in the level design, though. I'm about a third of the way through the game, and I can kind of predict how each level will go. The secrets don't feel "hidden" enough. Still, they are very generous with the number of levels offered; there are quite a few of them.
The controls are so-so. The game uses a virtual d-pad, which works pretty well for this action platformer. The only control that takes advantage of the IOS touch screen is a projectile-aiming system, and maybe I just haven't got the hang of it yet, but it's kind of a bear to use. It's extremely sensitive, often throwing bombs at a way different angle than you intended.
All in all this is a very nice game. I'm really rooting for our little nightmare hero, and I have fun collecting treats and stomping on baddies. I do think there is room for improvement in the controls and level design, but that's just a note to the dev's. If you're a fan of platformers, I'd recommend picking this one up.
There are many bugs in this game that prevent the full experience.
1) it crashes after every new level
2) if you visit the store during a level, the character moves and glitches so that you cannot finish the level
3) some levels glitch at certain cues, such as in the secret forest level in weeping woods- when you enter the cave, it crashes. Some bosses also make the game crash when you are in the middle of the fight
Overall, terra noctis has potential, but the bugs need to be fixed first
- Category: Games
- Released: May 23, 2012
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 44.7 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: BULKYPIX
- © 2011 FireFruitForge, Steven Böger & Annika Kohn, © 2011 Bulkypix
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- World instant buy$0.99
- Fairy Cloner$0.99
- Instant Respawn$0.99
- Jar of 20 red fairies$0.99
- Jar of 500 fairies$0.99
- Chest of 30 Golden Glorys$2.99
- Bag of 100 red fairies$2.99
- Bag of 5,000 fairies$4.99
- Cage of 15,000 fairies$9.99