Engage in space exploration and terraform new worlds in this fun and exciting planet building simulator rooted in real science. TerraGenesis dynamically animates entire planets with changing biospheres, all based on real data from NASA.
The universe is your playground in TerraGenesis! Colonize real planets in our solar system, planets created just for TerraGenesis and even alien worlds! When the world is in your hands, the possibilities are truly endless. Play TerraGenesis and start terraforming today!
- Join one of four interstellar Factions, each lending different benefits for colonization
- Colonize entire worlds one step at a time, by creating pressurized habitats for your colonists so they can survive in hostile environments
- Terraform your planet to support human life by altering specific properties of each world, including air pressure, oxygen, sea levels and biomass
- Track your civilization’s progress and your world’s current status with the Stats Summary Page
DISCOVER PLANETS & MOONS
- Colonize real planets from our solar system, including Mars, Venus, Mercury and even Earth!
- Terraform orbital satellites, including The Moon as well as the Moons of Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune
- Build colonies on fictional planets, including Bacchus, Ragnarok, Pontus, Lethe and Boreas
- Terraform Dwarf Planets, including Ceres, Pluto, Charon, Makemake, Eris and Sedna
- Melt ice caps to create planet-wide oceans and seed the planet with life
- Build your own functioning ecosystem with interacting, custom organisms
- Start with 26 different phyla and add 64 unique genes to create all kinds of amazing organisms to inhabit your world
- Manage your lifeforms as they thrive in both terrestrial and aquatic biospheres
- Generate random worlds with complete surface and elevation maps, unique starting conditions and more
TerraGenesis is free to play and as an indie game it was important to us that all in-app purchases are entirely optional and not required for a full and complete experience.
Enjoying TerraGenesis? Learn more!
Someone on the internet mentioned mozzarella sticks, and now I can’t think about anything else.
Ratings and Reviews
I don’t even know where to begin with this app.
It’s 100% as cool as it sounds. I saw it on Facebook and I never download them but it showed how well it was rated in the App Store so I knew it had to be something legit. Gave it a try and now I’m addicted to it. There isn’t really too much I would change to the game other than being able to see ground level and have more control over what happens to the population. As far as what the game is, terraforming a planet, they did an amazing job. I’m sure you can control more but on the basic difficulty level (I highly recommend to start with) you can control the temperature, oxygen, pressure, plant life, money, population size. Everything is highly sensitive. Finding a balance takes time. This is a game that won’t take up too much time at once. You might only play this game a couple times out the day but it’s necessary to check in on your planet every once in a while. Random events and scenarios happen to the population and the planet which I really love.
From a meteoroid on track to hit you, to the population finding a great athlete to honor amongst them. It gives the game a story. You have to make a decision when those things happen immersing you into the game even more. And of course Every action has a reaction. The main task of this game is finding that balance. I’m so glad I found this game. The space nerd in me is ecstatic! I highly recommend!!!
Absolutely Love It
Yes, this app is as cool as it sounds, if not cooler. While apps across the App Store get simpler, and frankly, more boring, TerraGenesis will bring life back to your game list. Literally! This app truly has the depth of a computer game, and it runs great. It is very realistic and everything generates very slowly and visually so that you can truly see your planet, whether it be in our solar system, on the moons of the gas giants, dwarf planets, or many many other options (at least thirdy, each with its own intense description, plus randomly generated planets). It is visually appealing, and very high quality.
This being said, the game may not be for everybody. You have to have SOME kind of interest in Geology or Astronomy to truly fall head over heels for this app. It’s still a great building and idle app if you don’t, but you may not be as fanatical about it as me. Also, as I said, it is mostly an idle app. You can have the moon’s atmosphere pressurizing in your pocket, but while on the app there isn’t a WHOLE lot to do other than manage everything for about 10-20 minutes a couple times a day. You will not be on this app all day, but the app will be on all day. Keep this in mind.
Overall, if you’re thinking “this looks pretty cool”, GET IT. Seriously. It is NOT pay to play, it’s not cheap, it’s not buggy, it’s not boring, but it is sexy. Do it.
Can you fix the Moon’s name?
Great game! I just want to point out that the way people talk about the moon, they don’t say “the moon”, they just say “moon”. For example, when I enter the game I see: “Your colonists on Moon have earned 50,000c!” It would be better for them to say: “Your colonists on THE Moon have earned 50,000c!” Obviously it wouldn’t be like that, it would say: “the Moon” not “THE Moon”. Another way you could do it is to name it “Luna” instead of Moon. It looks nicer either way.
One unrelated thing I suggest is to get a notification if your planet is starting to reach inhospitable levels of something. It wouldn’t notify if you are already inhospitable and are going towards hospitable, only if you are hospitable and going to inhospitable levels of something. And also notify if you are at a perfect level of something and should balance the loss and growth so you don’t go towards inhospitable levels.
Another one (sorry I just keep getting new ideas), please make it so you can link two devices progress. I only play it on my iPad, but I want to play it on my phone too, but it's separate. If you could make it so we can link two devices progress that would be great. And when I say "link", I mean if you do something on one device, it automatically puts it on the other device, once they are connected to the internet.
- Tilting Point LLC
- 121.1 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Alexander Winn, 2015.
- In-App Purchases
- 10 Genesis Points $0.99
- 200 Genesis Points $9.99
- 50 Genesis Points $4.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.