Terrain Radar Altimeter
By Nestele Engineering
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Measure the elevation of each location within a radius of 5000 meter. With Terrain Radar you can discover the height of hills in front of you or take a look at further away mountains. The unique combination of device sensors and internet-based geo informations makes Terrain Radar to the best altimeter app in the store.
• High accuracy digital elevation model
• Range up to 5000 meter (17000 ft)
• Calculation of altitudes in real time
• Precise elevation chart
• Display in meter or feet
The altitudes are calculated through online services, based on your GPS position and compass direction.
Whether biking, hiking or walking - with this altimeter app every trip is a journey of discovery!
What's New in Version 1.6
Recommend Terrain Radar to your friends and get 40% extra radar range.
Good Earth/Drone copy--bad
It's basically a worse version of Google Earth, with features you don't need. It shows an ariel view with the altitude in feet, and has a pointless green chart of the feet, yet again, on the top part of the screen. Moving the phone makes the screen move, but it's a frustrating experience that needs a lot of tweaking. This app feels like a bad drone/Google Earth similar. Could be much, much better.
Nice but not there
- while a nice concept the program has a few flaws.
- it does not point in the direction you are heading but is skewed by 45 degrees. The phone has to be rotated for the app to point correctly. And no, it's not the phone as the compass app works.
- the 'radar' graphic is cute but gets old fast. Have a setting to turn it off.
Seems worthwhile but...
No way to contact developer.
Don't use Facebook but recommend to two friends- would like to get the 'extended range'.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Mar 04, 2016
- Version: 1.6
- Size: 21.9 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: Joerg Nestele
- © Nestele Engineering, 2015
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone and iPad.