Tewahedo is an app designed for your iPhone and iPod Touch devices that gives you access to a vast collection of carefully curated spiritual resources from one of the most ancient churches of the world - the Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church! The beautiful and intuitive user interface makes using this app a delight!
Tewahedo brings you:
• A well detailed, easy to follow Ethiopian-Gregorian calendar combo integrated with Bahire Hasab and Gitsawe. Finding the liturgical reading for any day in any year is just a tap away.
- Bahire Hasab is a complex counting system used to calculate the dates of feasts and fasts of the EOTC.
- Gitsawe is an intricate index system used as a guideline to refer to which Divine Liturgy is to be performed including gospel readings, hymns and preaching topics for each day of the year.
• Hundreds of songs, sermons, narration of literary works, and a vast archive of radio transmissions from Mahibere Kidusan's radio stations to listen to
• Prayer books -- Wudasie Amlak, Wudasie Mariam, Yezewotr Tselot, Yiwiedswa Mela'ekt.
• Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church directory
- This feature allows you to locate the nearest church and with just one tap you'll get driving directions.
- You can also search churches by viewing the state by state directory
- Basic information on all churches
• Holiday reminders -- never forget the start of fasting seasons and major holiday with this feature of the app.
• News and other articles -- read news and other articles related to the Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo church right from the app.
In addition to the chapters and verses, the actual Psalm readings are now available in the Gitsawe section of the app.
Ratings and Reviews
God bless you
Thank you for making this resource available. It is priceless. I would list all the positives but I’ll let people check it out and get amazed instead. The only thing I will add is that it would be less distracting if you removed the advertisement and made a second paid version without ads. The free app can be for those who can’t afford to pay and the paid one without ads can be for those who don’t want distracting ads. The ads are random and some of them can be unspiritual. For example, one ad said “need a divorce lawyer?”.
God bless you for this app
Dear developers and MK
I can’t thank you enough for making this app. I loved it...I have been looking for this so long especially for the Wudase Maryam zema and the Seatat. I hope there are also others looking for such kind of apps. One thing I recommend can you also consider adding the ge’ez Dawit and Wudassie Maryam readings. I highly recommend this app for Ethiopian orthodox Tewahedo use. Thank you
This is by far the most clean and full of content app. God be with you all! If possible will look forward for bible integration. Thank you again!
- MAHIBERE KIDUSAN COORDINATING CENTER IN NORTH AMERICA
- 8.5 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Danish, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2013-2016 Mahibere Kidusan
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.