TeX Writer - LaTeX Editor and Compiler
By Chaoji Li
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Writing and compiling TeX files on the go. No internet connection needed.
FULL TeX/LaTeX SUPPORT
- Supports both plain TeX and LaTeX, output PDF;
- Fast compiler optimized for iOS devices;
- On-demand package auto downloader, including big packages like beamer;
- Integrated BibTeX/MakeIndex;
DESIGNED FOR PROFESSIONAL WRITERS
- A text editor designed for LaTeX editing. With syntax highlighting, innovative text selection, customizable assistant keyboard, powerful commands.
- LaTeX-aware spell checking (optional in settings)
- Handy image preview for inserting graphics;
- Support "Paste" images into editor
- Handy customizable assistant keyboard for inserting special characters.
- Open .tex file from other applications
- Dropbox real time syncing, with file comparison and manual conflict resolution
- PDF export/email
HOW TO GET HELP
- Visit texwriterapp.com for user guide, and templates for russian, chinese, japanese.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to send bug report and feature requests.
- Or directly talk to @litchiedev on Twitter.
What's New in Version 2.7
- update pdf viewer
- fix a bug in bibtex to handle very long author list
Does what it's supposed to!
Only small gripe: I've had compatibility issues with .tex files that I created using the app, modified using another editor on my laptop, and imported back into this app. For some reason the entire body of my text started showing up as a single line of tex writing within the app, which causes many problems. (The body of text showed up as a single latex line (line number 84) even though the app clearly registered the fact that what it counted as a single tex line in fact contained very many lines of writing - showing up as over 300 latex lines on other editors.))
Several years ago I got Tex Touch for my iPad. I was happy with it, but then a while ago it just quit working. (I guess it was never updated to more recent IOS updates?) Anyway, I finally got around to getting a new latex compiler for my iPad. I cannot believe how smoothly and intuitively Tex Write works. It compiles smoothly. It works well with drop box. It even allows me to make folders to organize my documents and it was all easy to figure out. I haven't been happier with an app yet. Great product!
I'm in Love with this App!
I really love TexWriter on the iPad, especially with my LogiTech Bluetooth keyboard. My book has 21 files (chapters), over 125 pages, and a bunch of .png images, stored in a separate folder from the .tex files. I'm also using a bunch of style files and am blown away by how easily TexWriter just gobbles them all up and produces the beautiful text that I've grown to love with LaTeX. And, btw, TexWriter typesets my book very fast on my iPhone Plus! I love the app.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jan 23, 2015
- Version: 2.7
- Size: 13.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Chaoji Li
- © (C) 2012-2014, Chaoji Li.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.