TeX Writer - LaTeX Editor and Compiler
By Chaoji Li
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Writing and compiling TeX files on the go. No internet connection needed.
FULL TeX/LaTeX SUPPORT
- Supports both plain TeX and LaTeX, output PDF;
- Fast compiler optimized for iOS devices;
- On-demand package auto downloader, including big packages like beamer;
- Integrated BibTeX/MakeIndex;
DESIGNED FOR PROFESSIONAL WRITERS
- A text editor designed for LaTeX editing. With syntax highlighting, innovative text selection, customizable assistant keyboard, powerful commands.
- LaTeX-aware spell checking (optional in settings)
- Handy image preview for inserting graphics;
- Support "Paste" images into editor
- Handy customizable assistant keyboard for inserting special characters.
- Open .tex file from other applications
- Dropbox real time syncing, with file comparison and manual conflict resolution
- PDF export/email
- Package download acceleration;
- Automatic eps-to-pdf conversion with online service;
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication"
- Privacy and Term of Use: https://apps.texwriter.net/about.html
HOW TO GET HELP
- Visit https://apps.texwriter.net for user guide, and templates for russian, chinese, japanese.
- Email email@example.com to send bug report and feature requests.
- Or directly talk to @litchiedev on Twitter.
What's New in Version 3.0.2
fix page content not centered in article class by default
One of the Two or Three Greatest Apps
I have been using this app since it was first available. I was impressed by it at the beginning and I continue to appreciate its improvements with each update. For a long time I resisted kearning TeX, preferring MS Word or Pages with MathType for the equations. But I have actually learned TeX using this app, and it is one of my top two tools on my iPad.
It has been quite a while since I wrote this review, so I thought I would update it. I use it regularly. It has been an excellent tool with which to learn TeX, and I still consider it to be one of the two top apps that I use on my current iPad pro. Combining this app with my Apple smart keyboard resulted in an excellent technical writing tool.
Added Note: I am surprised that this app gets even one negative comment, let alone two. Also, I am surprised that there are so few ratings. I think if comments from earlier versions were included there would be many more, and the responses would be much more uniformly positive. I do hope the developer will continue to support and update this marvelous (I would say essential!) app.
Fast and complete on iPad
This app processes complex documents quickly on an iPad. It download automatically the packages and fonts it needs. I use it to review and edit documents I typed on my MacBook and to write occasional reports when on the go.
Makes my iPad useful. I do all my notes on it. Not p easy to use.p, as you must write in TeX but better than anything else.
No unpleasant surprises. Does what it should. PFD import and export is great. With a drawing you can make a diagram and import it into your document.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Feb 08, 2017
- Version: 3.0.2
- Size: 47.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Chaoji Li
- © (C) 2012-2017, Chaoji Li.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases