Offline Poker at its best!
* Offline Play - play anytime, anywhere
* 114 Unique Offline Opponents (each with a unique play style)
* Fast Fold - no waiting for the next hand
* Realistic sounds, and smooth animations
=== Note about the AI (Artificial Intelligence) ===
Please note that the cards are drawn completely randomly and nothing is done to give the AI any unfair advantage.
That said, the AI is pretty good. I spent months programming it and I trained it by having it play millions of hands against itself. To test it I had the AI play online on real money holdem tables and it could hold its own.
+ Fixed a glitch with the new optionally increasing blinds
Ratings and Reviews
This game cheats
I downloaded this game to learn. At first it was fair. However after a few games it became obvious that the app was cheating. The app generated competitors were always dealt straights, royal straights, and four of a kind... Making it impossible to win. The only way to keep going in this game, even though they made gaining free coins easier, was to purchase more coins. And even though you purchase more coins, you lost more often… Because the app knew what the competitors had and what you had and stacked the deck so that you would lose. It was absolutely impossible to win no matter how skilled you were. Do not download this app no matter what. Download another Texas hold them app because this one will not teach you anything, will cause you to spend money, and still will not teach you anything.
The app does not cheat in any way. The cards are dealt completely randomly and the computer players are only aware of their own cards and the public community cards (just as you are). I spent months creating an AI that plays reasonably well (using genetic evolutionary algorithms and had the computer players play hundreds millions of hands against themselves in order to learn). I tested them online on real money poker tables (they did reasonably well at the lower tables). You would find that if these AIs challenged you on a real money poker table, the outcome would be exactly the same.
Contrary to what the “featured” review says, the game does not cheat lol... I have played this game casually for a very long while now and it’s by far the most relaxing Holdem game around. I’ve been able to gain several thousand just playing the $100 table and there’s a clear strategy and pattern to how the AI plays.
If you’re not bright enough to figure it out, you should stay away from real life poker by all means... you will lose...badly.
If your IQ is higher than 70, you should do fine.
Fun for learning but deck is stacked
This app is nice in that it allows you to play offline and the interface is not super cluttered.
The issue I have with it is that the opponents basically never have low cards. If you play every hand through, especially when playing one on one, the AI will have a better hand 80 to 90 percent of the time. Almost always with a face card or ace or pocket pairs.
But with that being said, it is a fun game to learn a bit about Texas Holdem and burn some time.
Read my above response. The deck is not stacked in any way and nothing is done to give the AI players any unfair advantage.
- The Othernet, LLC
- 83 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Frequent/Intense Simulated Gambling
- © The Othernet, 2017
- In-App Purchases
- 10,000 Chips $0.99
- 50,000 Chips $3.99
- 100,000 Chips $5.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.