The most popular intermediate weightlifting program of all-time is available in an app!
The Texas Method is split into 2 week cycles with 3 workouts in each week:
- Week 1: Volume Workout
- Week 1: Recovery Workout
- Week 1: Intensity Workout
- Week 2: Volume Workout
- Week 2 Recovery Workout
- Week 2: Intensity Workout
Monday's workout is the "Volume Day".
Wednesday's "Recovery Day" is a lighter day which prevents detraining but allows for more recovery.
Friday is the "Intensity Day" where you’re recovered and ready to make a new PR.
Each week you will go through a complete stress/recovery/adaptation cycle. In the Texas Method you will not accumulate fatigue. This weight lifting program is intended to be run for long periods of time.
- Customize your lifts
- Never do plate math! We've included a plate calculator that will tell you what plates to load on your bar for each lift and automatically round your weights.
- Login to backup / sync your progress. Never lose your work!
- Bug fixes and performance improvements
Let us know if we can do anything to make the app better for you! Please be sure to review the app so others can find it when searching.
Ratings and Reviews
Needs a minor adjustment
This app is great! It would be perfect but after using for a couple weeks I noticed that it goes up each week by 5% max weight and not 5 lbs. I believe the actual Texas method program goes up by 5 lbs. each time it cycles, and not 5%. Once up in the 300s, 5% is a 15 pound increase, which is too big of a jump for me! If that was fixed I would’ve easily given this 5 stars, and I hope that does get changed so I can go back to using this app. Thanks!
Not the true Texas Method
I am disappointed. I paid for the pro version to use this as I just started Texas method today. Unfortunately this app is not based on the Texas Method as described in Rippetoe’s book. My third lift today was not supposed to be deadlifts. Rippeto has you dead lifting only on the intensity day. There was no way to tell the app to make my last lift power cleans instead as the Texas program suggests.
I am going to request a refund. The app creators should read practical programming and get the basics right.
I use this app to stay simple and organized with my training. Still misses 3 needs:
1. Workout timer needs to be louder. I never hear when the rest is over.
2. Need to be able to record reps - the app assumes you hit all 5 and no way to record when you have to reduce the reps and increase sets or adjust the cycle.
3. I’m 45 and strong but can’t recover from 90% volume days. I need to be at 80-85% but can’t adjust that anywhere. 90% is the default so the graphs and weights are always wrong for me on volume days.
Correct these items and this app is nailing it. Good work, I give it 4-stars.
- Charles Vanderhoff
- 18.7 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 Vandersoft
- In-App Purchases
- Texas Method Pro $5.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.