Text Free: Free Texting + Calling + MMS
By Pinger, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Textfree Ultra gives you a real US phone number so you can text or call anyone, even if they don’t have the app. Textfree uses your data or WiFi connection to keep you in touch with friends and family all over the globe—and with features like group messaging, picture messaging, international calling & texting, emoji, stickers and voicemail, it’s the only messaging app you’ll ever need. All for free.
REAL PHONE NUMBER INCLUDED
Not many free texting apps give you a real number. But having your own local phone number means you can call your grandma’s landline, order a pizza, SMS any number, and of course, hit up all your friends, even if they don’t have a smartphone.
SEND UNLIMITED FREE TEXTS & PICTURES
With Textfree you get free SMS texting plus calling, totally free and unlimited. And now, Text free is the first free texting app enabled with real MMS picture messaging. That means you can even send picture messages to all your friends, even if they don’t have Textfree!
Free calling has never been better. Textfree-to-Textfree calling and any incoming calls are always free. Outbound calling minutes are easy to earn or super cheap to buy. Who doesn’t love free calling?
TEXT FREE WITH GROUP MESSAGES
Textfree is the perfect free texting app for group messaging with all your contacts. You can create groups, leave groups, add participants and let everyone be part of the conversation.
TURN ANY DEVICE INTO A PHONE
No phone? No Problem. Text free has you covered. Textfree turns your iPod or iPad into a phone, so you can text and call for free. Plus, calls sound even better over WiFi.
AND SO MUCH MORE
• Texting and calling are free back to the US and Canada from anywhere in the world when you have a data connection or WiFi
• Speaking of the world, Textfree is the perfect free texting app for making free calls and sending free texts while you’re abroad.
• Use Textfree as a free second phone line
• Text free is the first free texting app to let users send and receive real MMS picture messages, just like the pricy carriers.
• Real MMS picture messaging works with nearly all other carriers (T-Mobile coming soon). If you try and send or receive a picture message with a T-Mobile user, it might not go through (yet).
• Free texting to the US and 30+ countries. For a list of those countries visit: https://pinger.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203621654
• Block numbers, if needed
• Log in securely from any device
• Choose ringtones and text tones
• FREE TEXTING + CALLING APP for both the US and Canada.
• Send unlimited free texts, plus get free unlimited incoming calls from anyone, anywhere in the world.
• Textfree is the original free texting app that you can use with WiFi.
• Send text via your regular number or send free text with your Textfree number
• Free voicemail, too
• Call and SMS any number in the US and Canada, even if you don’t have a calling plan.
• Make Calls on WiFi
• Your texts are 100% free. Pictures are 100% free. Incoming calls are 100% free.
• Never miss messages
• Want some light reading? Our terms of service are here: http://r.pinger.com/and-eula
OTHER IMPORTANT STUFF
• Emergency calls are not supported
• Like many free texting apps, Textfree is ad-supported, so you will see ads from time to time.
• When roaming, additional carrier data charges may apply. Contact your carrier for details.
• If your contacts aren’t on Textfree, they might have to pay regular carrier charges for texts and pictures. If that’s the case, be a good friend and tell them about Textfree.
What's New in Version 9.10
Every couple weeks we roll out updates that make Textfree a better place to chat. Get the latest version for the best Textfree experience. If you’re enjoying your free phone number, please consider reviewing our app.
On the terms of free texting and calling, it's pretty great. But there's many flaws. First, the ads. One thing is to have a few ads. But it's another when the ads are more touch sensitive than your texting pad! Another issue with the ads is that they sometimes appear on your list of conversations. As if someone texted you. So it's easy to click the ads by mistake. Then there's customer service. They're terrible. They don't answer back. And when they do, they just provide the same answer: to reinstall the app. I've told them several times that I've already tried that but when I tell them that, they never reply. It's an ongoing mess. On top of that, there's the glitching. And also, the app doesn't work at all if the wifi isn't good enough, which makes it unreliable in some places. When I listen to music and open the app, the music will stop and then suddenly continue but with a terrible quality of sound. Also there's the issue where I sometimes tap on a conversation with one of my contacts and when it opens, it'll open several times. It creates layers of the same conversation and sometimes I have to wait about 20 seconds for it to stop opening over and over again. Although there's a lot of negative to it, I would have to say that it's great that they provide free texting and calling.
Good for texting
Texting seems to work well. The app is very slow to open and isn't consistent in telling me if I have a new message or notifications when the message is actually received. One main issue, phone calls are NOT FREE. Just so new people who are looking into this app are aware...they give you 10 minutes of free talk time when you first join. The app deducts 1 minute of talk time if you just dial the phone number, it doesn't even have to result in Someone picking up on the other end. I don't care to talk on the phone so it's not a huge loss to me but in case you're looking for a free texting AND calling app, look for another option.
So as stated above, I live abroad and being able to message people is not always the easiest thing. After some trial and error with other apps, I believe this one is one of the better ones if not the best. So far it has not asked me to complete any surveys, or watch videos, of purchase tokens to continue using their texting service. I can not attest to any other part of this app, however if there is a negative to this app I would say it is the amount of ads. I hope this might be helpful for those that are actually looking for useful information. Cheers!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Oct 18, 2016
- Version: 9.10
- Size: 123 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Pinger, Inc.
- © 2016 Pinger, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- 100 minute$1.99
- Ad free texting for a year$5.99
- 400 minute$9.99
- 1000 minute$18.99