Text Free: Free Texting App and Free Calling App, Phone Number Included
By Pinger, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Textfree Ultra gives you a real US phone number so you can text or call anyone, even if they don’t have the app. Textfree uses your data or WiFi connection to keep you in touch with friends and family all over the globe—and with features like group messaging, picture messaging, international calling & texting, and voicemail, it’s the only messaging app you’ll ever need. All for free.
REAL PHONE NUMBER INCLUDED
Having your own local phone number means you can call your grandma’s landline, order a pizza, and of course, hit up all your friends, even if they don’t have a smartphone.
SEND UNLIMITED FREE TEXTS & PICTURES
You guessed it; texting is totally free and unlimited, even picture messages!
Textfree is perfect for group messaging with all your contacts. You can create groups, leave groups, add participants and let everyone be part of the conversation.
FREE CALLING & VOICEMAIL
Textfree-to-Textfree calling and any incoming calls are always free. Outbound calling minutes are easy to earn or super cheap to buy. You can also set up your own custom voicemail.
TURN ANY DEVICE INTO A PHONE
No phone? No Problem. Textfree turns your desktop, iPad, or iPod touch into a free phone.
AND SO MUCH MORE
• Call or text for free back to the US and Canada from anywhere in the world when you have a data connection or WiFi
• Speaking of the world, Textfree is perfect for making calls and sending texts while you’re exploring abroad.
• Use Textfree as a free second phone line
• Free texting to the US and 35+ countries. For a list of those countries visit: http://r.pinger.com/text-intl
• Sync your contacts with their Facebook photo
• Know the instant your texts are read
• Block numbers, if needed
• Log in securely from any device
• Choose custom ringtones, text tones and backgrounds
• FREE TEXTING + CALLING APP for both the US and Canada.
• FREE texting and calling plus 10 FREE minutes of outbound calling
• Want some light reading? Our terms of service are here: http://r.pinger.com/and-eula
OTHER IMPORTANT STUFF
• Emergency calls are not supported
• Textfree is ad-supported, so you will see ads from time to time.
• When roaming, additional carrier data charges may apply. Contact your carrier for details.
• If your contacts aren’t on Textfree, they might have to pay regular carrier charges for texts and pictures. If that’s the case, be a good friend and tell them about Textfree.
What's New in Version 8.0.3
- Full support for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
Good but could be better
I have been a text free user for years , I like this application very much, as a matter of fact it's my primary texting application, however with the new upgrade when searching for a contact and you key in more then one letter on the search field it does not recognize (ex: searching for Marilyn key Ma it's searches for Aaron ) I believe this is a glitch. I think it would be great if you are able to send and receive videos. Also I Cant receive pictures from all users, specially users from AT&T, Looking forward for the next upgrade, ay one time i Wash able to send a text to an email address, I wish this feature comes back.
Good but could be better..
I don't use the app to text but I have tried to text off of it and no message will go through on it. BUT.. I use the app to call, and I do love it because of it's calling quality. And I also JUST found out that if you are making a call on a customer service line, the call is free, meaning your minutes do not count towards the call. It's very useful if you have Internet at your house and your phone happens to be disconnected from your phone service or if you have an iPod.
Worst Support Ever.
I understand it's a "free" app but with all the ads they are running im sure they are making money. Issue after issue with the service which is understandable, what isn't, is the complete lack of customer support. I couldn't even get a reply or help when I was contacted by an old family member and had accidentally deleted my history. I asked for a history and if they couldn't provide complete, please let me know the # of the last text I received. After contacting support 4 times(email only) they wouldn't even reply, just the auto reply saying they received. The only time I got any reply was when I asked to cancel my account. Then customer service responded within 3 days to confirm.
Well my aunt who contacted me passed away, so Knowing their was no chance now that she would contact me again, I deleted this app and felt compelled to write this review. If you look, I don't write reviews, but this service company was so bad, there was no way I wouldn't!
OH, And the app crashes EVERY TIME you loop back on an iPhone 6plus
AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Mar 27, 2015
- Version: 8.0.3
- Size: 57.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Pinger, Inc.
- © 2015 Pinger, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- 100 minute refill$1.99
- 40 minute refill$0.99
- 500 minute refill$9.99
- Ad free texting for a year$5.99
- 550 minute refill$9.99
- 1000 minute refill$18.99
- 400 minute refill$9.99
- 250 minute refill$4.99
- phone number without ads$0.99
- phone number with ads$0.99