Text Free: Free Texting + Calling + MMS
By Pinger, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Textfree Ultra gives you a real US phone number so you can text or call anyone, even if they don’t have the app. Textfree uses your data or WiFi connection to keep you in touch with friends and family all over the globe—and with features like group messaging, picture messaging, international calling & texting, emoji, stickers and voicemail, it’s the only messaging app you’ll ever need. All for free.
REAL PHONE NUMBER INCLUDED
Not many free texting apps give you a real number. But having your own local phone number means you can call your grandma’s landline, order a pizza, SMS any number, and of course, hit up all your friends, even if they don’t have a smartphone.
SEND UNLIMITED FREE TEXTS & PICTURES
With Textfree you get free SMS texting plus calling, totally free and unlimited. And now, Text free is the first free texting app enabled with real MMS picture messaging. That means you can even send picture messages to all your friends, even if they don’t have Textfree!
Free calling has never been better. Textfree-to-Textfree calling and any incoming calls are always free. Outbound calling minutes are easy to earn or super cheap to buy. Who doesn’t love free calling?
TEXT FREE WITH GROUP MESSAGES
Textfree is the perfect free texting app for group messaging with all your contacts. You can create groups, leave groups, add participants and let everyone be part of the conversation.
TURN ANY DEVICE INTO A PHONE
No phone? No Problem. Text free has you covered. Textfree turns your iPod or iPad into a phone, so you can text and call for free. Plus, calls sound even better over WiFi.
AND SO MUCH MORE
• Texting and calling are free back to the US and Canada from anywhere in the world when you have a data connection or WiFi
• Speaking of the world, Textfree is the perfect free texting app for making free calls and sending free texts while you’re abroad.
• Use Textfree as a free second phone line
• Text free is the first free texting app to let users send and receive real MMS picture messages, just like the pricy carriers.
• Real MMS picture messaging works with nearly all other carriers.
• Free texting to the US and 30+ countries. For a list of those countries visit: https://pinger.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203621654
• Block numbers, if needed
• Log in securely from any device
• Choose ringtones and text tones
• FREE TEXTING + CALLING APP for both the US and Canada.
• Send unlimited free texts, plus get free unlimited incoming calls from anyone, anywhere in the world.
• Textfree is the original free texting app that you can use with WiFi.
• Send text via your regular number or send free text with your Textfree number
• Free voicemail, too
• Call and SMS any number in the US and Canada, even if you don’t have a calling plan.
• Make Calls on WiFi
• Your texts are 100% free. Pictures are 100% free. Incoming calls are 100% free.
• Reserve Number ($4.99 monthly) - Keep your number from expiring (normally we reclaim in active numbers after 30-days)
• Voicemail-To-Text ($4.99 monthly) - Get your voicemails transcribed and sent as a text message so you can read it at your convenience.
• Remove Ads ($2.99 monthly) - This one, well, you get the idea.
Subscriptions are automatically billed monthly to your iTunes Account and auto-renew. You can manage subscriptions in your account settings. Subscriptions automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
OTHER IMPORTANT STUFF
• Emergency calls are not supported
• Textfree is ad-supported
• When roaming, additional carrier data charges may apply. Contact your carrier for details.
• If your contacts aren’t on Textfree, they might have to pay regular carrier charges for texts and pictures.
What's New in Version 9.25
Every couple weeks we roll out updates that make Textfree a better place to chat. Get the latest version for the best Textfree experience. If you’re enjoying your free phone number, please consider reviewing our app.
Okay, they seem to have changed it back to small ads, I'm good with that.
Lowered rating from five stars to three and now down to one due to what I perceive as ad changes and bug (not getting minutes after watching videos all the time) in app and more and more ads covering the whole screen. Maybe they wait till you've been using app for awhile.
Update!!! For the longest time the ads were always at the bottom but recently they cover the whole screen (not all but some), I'm guessing some companies pay more to have this happen. So, the next statement is no longer 100 percent accurate.
Someone complained about the ads. Yes, there are alot of ads but they don't interrupt the use of the app like other apps ads do. Very well placed.
The following is still true but there have been times I've watched a video and received no minutes.
Someone else said talking isn't free, well, it is if you watch video ads and download apps or other such things. Does take time to get free minutes though.
Still happy over all. I have this app on my iPad and wasn't able to log into the same account on my phone so had to get another account. Turns out I have to sign into my other account with the user name and can't use my email on that account.
I Can't accept a Call, or text some times
The app seems great I have been using it for a little over a year and I am very happy with. Other that a couple things. One, the ads at the bottom will cover my texting screen and so I'm forced to click on the ad which brings be off the app. And the last is that I always get calls from my friends or Family and they ask me why I don't answer and I don't know what to tell them because every time I get a call it goes straight to voicemail every time whether I'm in the app or not and sometimes it's very aggravating to me because I need to make sure that everyone is okay I'm sorry to give you three stars but I am very upset about this and hope all of these expecting people (including me) get what they have complained about many time. Thank you
Solid Texting And Voice App
Easy to use, Always been a simple, solid app for texting and voice has greatly improved. I like that they have separated the numbers on your contacts now for contacts with multiple phone numbers you can now tell which they called or texted on. I like that I and my other contacts on Text Free can see message status. Having a local number is great. I like that receiving text is also backed up by email. Thank you for making a new IPad version that has the iPhone features of voice.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: May 31, 2017
- Version: 9.25
- Size: 136 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Pinger, Inc.
- © 2017 Pinger, Inc. All rights reserved. The Textfree name, associated trade marks and logos are trade marks of Pinger, Inc. or related entities.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- 100 minutes$1.99
- 1000 minutes$18.99
- 400 minutes$9.99
- Reserve Number$4.99
- Remove Ads$2.99
- Voicemail to Text$2.99