Text Free with Textfree: Free Texting for iPad
By Pinger, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"The fastest, most reliable and easiest to use."
- New York Times
The original free texting app, made for your iPad. Get a free real phone number and send unlimited free texts.
UNLIMITED FREE TEXTS TO ANY PHONE
With Textfree you get free unlimited text messaging to any phone, including landlines and non-smartphones, in the US and Canada. Your friends don’t need Textfree to receive--they don’t even need to have a smartphone.
REAL PHONE NUMBER INCLUDED
You get your own real phone number that you can use to SMS any number in the US and Canada, even if you don’t have a carrier plan.
TURN YOUR iPAD TOUCH INTO A TEXTING MACHINE
Give your new number to friends so they can text you.
GREAT WHEN YOU’RE TRAVELING ABROAD
Download Textfree and send free texts from anywhere in the world as long as you have a data connection. Find free WiFi at your hotel, a restaurant, even on a train. Why pay for expensive roaming charges when you can SMS free!
TEXT TO OVER 35 COUNTRIES
For a list of countries you can text to, visit: http://r.pinger.com/text-intl
BETTER THAN THOSE MESSENGER APPS
Textfree works with ANY phone: smart phone, basic phone, even a land line. Even if they don’t have Textfree.
• Text your grandmother’s non-smartphone in Minneapolis--FREE.
• Text a friend in Dallas or Toronto as much as you want--FREE.
TEXTFREE IS MORE THAN A MESSENGER
When your friends have Textfree, texting gets even better. You get unlimited free texts (goodbye 160 character limit!) to and from one another, anywhere in the world.
PACKED WITH ADDITIONAL FEATURES
• Get a free second line for your phone
• Send hi-res pics to anyone on AT&T, Boost, Sprint, T-mobile, Verizon and Virgin
• Never miss a message
• Block numbers, if needed
• Zillions of text tones
• Log in securely from any device
OTHER IMPORTANT INFO
• Textfree is ad-supported, so you will see ads from time to time
• Your friends not on Textfree pay regular charges for texts and pics--nothing extra
• When not on WiFi, Textfree uses your carrier data connection. Contact your carrier for details of your data plan.
TEXT FROM THE WEB
CONNECT WITH US
What's New in Version 1.3
Textfree for iPad 1.3
• Fixed notifications (finally)
• Optimized for iOS 7
• Sleek new look
Textfree for iPad 1.2
• Retina display support
• A must-have update for anyone on iOS 6
Not as good as the phone version.
I have used probably every version of his program, trying to find the most reliable one. Unfortunately, none of them are. Are they better than nothing? Yes, but this iPad version in particular has its issues. While texting does come through, it is not always on time. Picture messaging closes the program every attempt to use it, and why is there no voice option? The phone version is updated regularly, offers the same texting options, now offers picture messaging tied to the number instead of some weird e-mail address that no one can remember, as opposed to the one shown in the account info when you check that was wrong. I have an iPad, and want to use this program. I can't when it isn't even up to par to the phone version. This hasn't even been updated in over a year. That is far too long for an update when monthly updates go to your phone app. I'd go so far as to call that unacceptable. So please. Update this program, and get it up to par with your phone version. I don't think that is asking too much.
Update ruined a once decent app
Hate this update. Took away capabilities, crashes, & now has obnoxious ads. Went so far downhill that I will be looking for a new text app for my iPad. Why do developers ruin a decent app with inferior updates? Let me have my text free ultra back! Please!
Update:?Well this app has reached a new low as it struggles to give it's advertisers more real-estate to the users detriment. Freezes, will not respond to 'choose picture' button, and now the message box has been moved to centered over message area angled 90 degree from viewing messages. Really stupid, esp since all your text messages have also disappeared... And it hangs... Why do s/w developers not test changes before subjecting us to bad software? And why do these developers update my app with frustrating untested poor quality updates when I have that possibility turned off in settings? Will report this to Apple. This app should be removed from the app store until it works again. And they get some decent programers..
Really? This is the best you can do?
DO NOT DOWNLOAD THIS APP IF YOU HAVE AN IPAD. SEE REASONS BELOW.
1. Every time I send a picture message, the entire app shuts down.
2. Doesn't even let me see what I sent in the picture message
3. I get random calls from random numbers.
4. Obviously my number is being shared; stop.
5. Two messages to type in length is not enough. At least make it three.
6. The app shuts down randomly.
7. They're right, the iPhone version is a TAD bit better.
8. I'm suppose to be given minutes? It doesn't even give me the option to call.
9. When I'm receiving a random call, it'll pop up on my lock screen, when I swipe right to answer it, it brings me to the app. That is it. Doesn't let me see who called or anything.
10. When I send a message long enough to fill the two message space given it is sometimes sent to the other number jumbled up and unreadable.
11. Even without a ringer, if I leave the app up while I play my music, every time I get a text my music shuts off. It cancels my music app completely, actually, not even giving me the option to hit the play button and returning the song from where it ended.
12. Not updated in, what, a year? Unacceptable.
Seriously. I use to think this was the best app. Now it's sh*t. Fix these easy-to-fix mistake and I'll consider not going to Text Now. Or ANY OTHER texting app for that matter.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Feb 10, 2014
- Version: 1.3
- Size: 14.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Pinger, Inc.
- © 2013 Pinger, Inc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- year of ad-free usage$5.99