Text Free: Free Texting + Calling + MMS
By Pinger, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Textfree Ultra gives you a real US phone number so you can text or call anyone, even if they don’t have the app. Textfree uses your data or WiFi connection to keep you in touch with friends and family all over the globe—and with features like group messaging, picture messaging, international calling & texting, emoji, stickers and voicemail, it’s the only messaging app you’ll ever need. All for free.
REAL PHONE NUMBER INCLUDED
Not many free texting apps give you a real number. But having your own local phone number means you can call your grandma’s landline, order a pizza, SMS any number, and of course, hit up all your friends, even if they don’t have a smartphone.
SEND UNLIMITED FREE TEXTS & PICTURES
With Textfree you get free SMS texting plus calling, totally free and unlimited. And now, Text free is the first free texting app enabled with real MMS picture messaging. That means you can even send picture messages to all your friends, even if they don’t have Textfree!
Free calling has never been better. Textfree-to-Textfree calling and any incoming calls are always free. Outbound calling minutes are easy to earn or super cheap to buy. Who doesn’t love free calling?
TEXT FREE WITH GROUP MESSAGES
Textfree is the perfect free texting app for group messaging with all your contacts. You can create groups, leave groups, add participants and let everyone be part of the conversation.
TURN ANY DEVICE INTO A PHONE
No phone? No Problem. Text free has you covered. Textfree turns your iPod or iPad into a phone, so you can text and call for free. Plus, calls sound even better over WiFi.
AND SO MUCH MORE
• Texting and calling are free back to the US and Canada from anywhere in the world when you have a data connection or WiFi
• Speaking of the world, Textfree is the perfect free texting app for making free calls and sending free texts while you’re abroad.
• Use Textfree as a free second phone line
• Text free is the first free texting app to let users send and receive real MMS picture messages, just like the pricy carriers.
• Real MMS picture messaging works with nearly all other carriers (T-Mobile coming soon). If you try and send or receive a picture message with a T-Mobile user, it might not go through (yet).
• Free texting to the US and 30+ countries. For a list of those countries visit: https://pinger.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203621654
• Block numbers, if needed
• Log in securely from any device
• Choose ringtones and text tones
• FREE TEXTING + CALLING APP for both the US and Canada.
• Send unlimited free texts, plus get free unlimited incoming calls from anyone, anywhere in the world.
• Textfree is the original free texting app that you can use with WiFi.
• Send text via your regular number or send free text with your Textfree number
• Free voicemail, too
• Call and SMS any number in the US and Canada, even if you don’t have a calling plan.
• Make Calls on WiFi
• Your texts are 100% free. Pictures are 100% free. Incoming calls are 100% free.
• Never miss messages
• Want some light reading? Our terms of service are here: http://r.pinger.com/and-eula
OTHER IMPORTANT STUFF
• Emergency calls are not supported
• Like many free texting apps, Textfree is ad-supported, so you will see ads from time to time.
• When roaming, additional carrier data charges may apply. Contact your carrier for details.
• If your contacts aren’t on Textfree, they might have to pay regular carrier charges for texts and pictures. If that’s the case, be a good friend and tell them about Textfree.
What's New in Version 9.0.16
Every couple weeks we roll out updates that make Textfree a better place to chat. Get the latest version for the best Textfree experience. If you’re enjoying your free phone number, please consider reviewing our app.
Couldn't live without having this app for work! Needs to be able to assign ringtones to contacts!!
I like having a number aside from my Verizon numbers where it is more private and I have a number I can use for work without having to give my personal number. I do wish you could set specific ring tones and notification sounds for each individual contact. Because some people lack common sense and I'll have multiple texts within a minute from a crazy freaking out cuz I still haven't responded (in that same exact minute) but anyways if I silence them I miss everyone and lose possible clients and if I leave the sound on I go insane with all the bingsw(pet peeve is multiple texts in short period of time especially dumb questions only those lacking common sense seem to need to ask even after the first 3 times you've given then the same answer. I love the blocking feature which I use for rude people and such, but the annoying ones need a silent ring tone because they are on that thin line from being blocked but I am managing lol. Also I think any purchase of minutes should make the app ad free. I've purchased several times and don't think I should have to pay for no ads when I am a paying customer. Thanks!
I received a text from Textfree saying that if I did not "show them some love" and write a glowing review of their app that they send a huge, no-neck brute to my house to work me over so here I go. This app is the most awesomest app on the planet. It's better than oxygen. It is the greatest thing since the invention of the internet itself. I could live without food, water and even shelter but I could not go on without this app. I highly recommend this app to everyone on the planet and to anyone from other planets that might be monitoring this transmission and are thinking about invading this planet. Yes it does require an additional number for all of your friends and family to remember but who cares? That's their problem, not yours. Right? What can you really expect? It was FREE!
Text Only Review
I use this app for texting and not for phone calls so my review is just on that alone. Overall, it is a decent app. There are still a couple flaws that needs to be addressed: 1) a single text message that is sent to the number may come in 3-4 boxes in a strange order. You have to piece the message together. My friends say the same thing happens to them when they receive a text from this number. 2) up until recently, this wasn't an issue but within the last couple weeks, I haven't been receiving all my messages. So, sometimes they come through and sometimes they don't. I have never had a problem when I send a text out, only receiving a text. Not a bad app, I use it daily. It just needs some updates.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Jun 02, 2016
- Version: 9.0.16
- Size: 65.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Pinger, Inc.
- © 2015 Pinger, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- 100 minute$1.99
- Ad free texting for a year$5.99
- 400 minute$9.99
- 1000 minute$18.99