By Niles Mitchell
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Text2Tape is an application that lets you record documents into audio files using the Mac's built in speech technology. Download thousands of free public domain books from Project Gutenberg and record them for playback! Record Web Pages saved as HTML or Webarchive! Record your Microsoft Word documents! Play them back on your Mac, or sync them to your iPhone, iPod, or iPad for on-the-go listening! The possibilities are endless!
• Text2Tape can batch record multiple supported documents in any combination.
• Supported document types include TXT, RTF, DOC, DOCX, XML, HTML, ODT, and Webarchive.
• Each audio file will be named after the document that it was recorded from automatically.
• Audio files will be recorded in the voice that you have selected in the Speech Control Panel.
• Convenient button is provided for quick access the Speech Control Panel to make changes.
• Supported output audio formats are AAC and AIFF.
While AAC is preferred because of it's significantly smaller file size, some 3rd party voices may not support it. For that reason, AIFF is included as well.
If you are looking to record your Reminders, please check out "Recorder for Reminders".
If you are looking to record entries from the Notes application, please see "Recorder for Notes".
If you are looking to record Apple's Pages documents, please check out "Recorder for Pages".
If you are looking to record PDF files, please check out "PDF2Tape".
What's New in Version 2.1.0
Fixes a bug with the Open Speech Control Panel button that could make the Application not work at all.
I love this app! Great for school notes! I Listen to my notes on the way to school…
Only one thing I wish they had more voices...
- Category: Education
- Updated: Aug 09, 2011
- Version: 2.1.0
- Size: 2.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Niles Mitchell
- © 2011 Niles Mitchell
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.6 or later